Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found a set of five 35" BFG K02 tires on 18" rims (one full-size spare) for $1300 (used), with 15,000km mileage on them.

If I got a 2.5" leveling or spacer kit, could I fit these on my Jeep Wrangler?

Do these tires look like they are worth it? (I don't really do any off-roading, just a guy with a Jeep living in a place that is a frozen wasteland half the year).

I found these on a local classifieds website, so I haven't seem them yet but they seem like a good deal?

As a commuter (60-70% highway/city, 30-40% gravel/dirt), how will these tires impact my commute?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not worth $1300 to me. I'm in CO and see gobs of Jeep wheels and accessories for sale on CL, so I'm used to 1/2 that price or less.

At the least, you need real tread depth numbers. Then comparing to new tread depth get an honest estimate about tread life remaining, with 3 or 4 32nds being the end. 1/2 price on the rims and 1/2 on the remaining tread life as high end price. That's my reality, it's a buyer's market here.

17" JK rims in particular are dirt cheap. I have a set of 5 had for free on CL. Had a set of 18" JKs for $40 until recently as well.

Just one example from a quick search after I saw your post:

Jeep rims with 315 70 17 big o a/t tires

https://denver.craigslist.org/wto/d/aurora-jeep-rims-with-big-a-tires/7037739251.html

Jeep rims with 315 70 17 big o a/t tires with some miles left on them. Only $300 first come first served

Reactions: Baileyrx
1 - 3 of 3 Posts