Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm in san antonio and my 94s ax15 is shifting Hard. Iv changed the oil, but it only helped helped little. I can feel the teeth hit when I got to second and it only shift into 5th when movin. I can fee reverse knock unles I go t first before

Wondering where a good place to get a decent priced rebuild is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Excuse the typos above, I sent that on mobile and it just went to hell. So, does anyone know of a place other than aamco?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with rebuild shops, but some ideas:

1) You could check eBay - they have some rebuilt ones on there.

2) I've often thought that I would just buy a new AX15 if mine ever goes out. It *might* be worth it to you, if you're planning on keeping your YJ for a long time. Quadratec has the new ones, and if you look around, you'll probably find other places too.

3) Check Craigslist, if you can wait - they pop up there from time to time

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the one from quadratec work on my Jeep? I assume I would just be reusing the bellhousing and shift tower from my old transmission, right?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Will the one from quadratec work on my Jeep? I assume I would just be reusing the bellhousing and shift tower from my old transmission, right?
Yes - you would reuse all your other existing parts.

As far as exact compatibility goes - call Quadratec to confirm. There were a couple of different AX15 versions - the early one has a smaller pilot bearing, if I remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts