Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any recommendations for a good shop that is not a dealer? I'm not looking for shops that do modifications or simple maintenance like oil changes, etc, but someone who knows what they are really doing.

Reason I am asking is my ABS sensor recently came on & my code reader is a cheaper one that does not read ABS or air bag codes. After doing research and being lazy and not taking off every wheel & brake caliper to find the offending wheel sensor, I took it to Baker Jeep north of of Princeton. They charged me $325.00 in labor to change $31 part. I know labor is not cheap and they have to pay for the building, etc., but they probably knew in 10 minutes which sensor was bad.

What really annoyed me is that they tried to sell me a throttle body cleaning ($130.00) and air filter change which they said was very dirty. I said next time and did it myself only to find the throttle body valve not dirty or "carboned up"! I took pictures of the valves and will deal with them soon.

I try to do most maintenance myself but just want to know of a shop that is good for stuff I can't do. Also time to invest in a good quality diagnostic reader!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Globex in Toms River.

Reactions: Artdnj

·
Registered
586 Posts
Anybody have any recommendations for a good shop that is not a dealer? I'm not looking for shops that do modifications or simple maintenance like oil changes, etc, but someone who knows what they are really doing.

I took it to Baker Jeep north of of Princeton. They charged me $325.00 in labor to change $31 part. I know labor is not cheap and they have to pay for the building, etc., but they probably knew in 10 minutes which sensor was bad.

What really annoyed me is that they tried to sell me a throttle body cleaning ($130.00) and air filter change which they said was very dirty. I said next time and did it myself only to find the throttle body valve not dirty or "carboned up"! I took pictures of the valves and will deal with them soon.
I brought mine in to Baker yesterday for an oil change and they told me the same thing! I only have 32,000 on mine, and was a little perplexed. They said I needed "the emission service." Scribbled on the R/O was also 50/50. 50,000 miles or 50 months. I questioned it because of that fact alone.
For mods, Krazy Kustoms on Rt 1 in South Brunswick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jack at NO Excuses in New Egypt. Just off of main street, have been going there for years and Jack is great.

Just look for all the jeeps.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts