Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so after my beloved "Sara" (2000 TJ) got totaled, I started looking for a replacement. I am now the proud owner of a 2007 JK Rubicon, Rescue Green! I have a few questions for all the JK guys:

#1 Do I need a "mod" to keep the interior light off when I take the doors off?

#2 Are there any glaring "MUST DO'S" that I need to address right away?

This isn't going to be a show jeep, I plan on wheeling the snot out of it.

Sara (May she rest in peace)

Introducing Sweet Pea

Thanks in advance for any and all answers / suggestions

·
Registered
19 Posts
There should be a three way switch on the interior light that you can use to switch off the light, if that is a serious question.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the other side...and congrats. I actually welled up a bit when I sold my TJ, so I know how you feel. She was a rock solid beast for 11 years. Set the bar high for these JKRs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There should be a three way switch on the interior light that you can use to switch off the light, if that is a serious question.
Um, yes. Serious question as I just picked the Jeep up today and haven't read through the manual yet (but like any card carrying male, I only consult the manual when I can't tear it apart to figure it out or... when I don't take the time and just ask my fellow Jeepers :D )

Welcome to the other side...and congrats. I actually welled up a bit when I sold my TJ, so I know how you feel. She was a rock solid beast for 11 years. Set the bar high for these JKRs.
Exactly!! My TJ was and will always be very dear to my heart - like losing a member of the family.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, you dont have to mod anything to keep the interior lights off.

If you follow the wire that goes to the door, it goes under the dash and you have to pull the red tab to the side and press the button down, the computer recognizes that the door isnt on the jeep any longer and thus the lights wont come on unless you manually turn them on. The bit for the door is T-50 if i remember correctly.

The radio will also play for about 30 sec or so after you turn the jeep off but i can assure you it will turn off.

I havent had any glaring issues with my JK except the soft top rear window, it glares like a SOB. The high side is that it is just a zipper, but it is a pain to get back on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Ace, yeah, I can tell the rear window is going to be a pain and thank you for the radio info, It was driving me nuts this afternoon when it stayed on - I kept wondering, "Am I doing something wrong???"

On a side note, I did my basic training at ft cambell many moons ago. Huah!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts