Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come you don't hear anything about them? They look like a more aggressive Duratrac to me. Anyone care to share their opinion on them?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do a search, lots of comments on the tire. I got 10 pages of results with a search "Fierce attitude"

Recent thread with a title something like "fierce attidue =/= Duratrac" has some info.

Lots of people love them, some have bad experience.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have them. The tread pattern on them is outstanding. Excellent in mud, rock, gravel, etc. never been stuck anywhere. sidewall is not the strongest, but not paper either. Very affordable. Quiet on the road for an MT, and balance well. They're great in deep snow but are skates in light snow just like most mt's. Im pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Appearance doesn't tell the whole story. Construction of the plies, composition of the tire compound and even small changes in the tread pattern can make a significant difference in ride quality, traction, noise level and tread life. On the positive side the Attitude is positioned intentionally a lower price point and it gets pretty good reviews.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After a lot of research for an aggressive light tire I had a set of 35/12.50/17's installed on my 15 JKUR. For a MT they rode good at speed but at lower speeds they vibrated my jeep. I traded them back in and bought the Cooper ST Maxx. They are an aggressive AT that ride much better and take less weight to balance. They are actually a little heavier than the FA at 66lbs vs 63lbs. They also cost more $293 vs $236. I got a good deal on the FA's but in the end I'm very happy with my Coopers. For the $ the Fierce Attitudes are a good tire if you don't mind a little rumble at low speeds.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You're absolutely correct; a more aggressive Duratrac. Want to see a cheaper version, also built on the same Duratrac casing? Look at Kelly TSRs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had the duratracs and loved them they were great in light mud no the thick alabama clay they cleaned out good and did good in the rocks and the creek i was in the gripped good on the slippery rocks. i heard more bad than good on the FAs i worked at a goodyear tire store and the year and half i was there we only sold 2 sets and one guy came back with a blown out side wall where it looked like the tire just blew out he was on the interstate when the side wall let go but that is just one horror story i saw. all tires have good and bad

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Don't do it! I got the FA's last November. Had balance issues when they showed up at my door. Took them to a local Discount Tire and they rebalanced but still had a vibration from like 45 to 65. I took them back again for a road force (all courtesy of DTD).

The DT manger told me two of the tires balanced fine. Two were taking too much weight and though they weren't bad, they were marginal. The spare was so bad they couldn't even balance it. I called DTD and they replaced them with Duratracs. I'm happy now.

I started the thread referenced above:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/fierce-attitudes-duratracs-1067857.html

Long story short, the Fierce tire is inferior to the Duratrac. They aren't winter rated, the bead, belts and rubber are all different and inferior and in my experience, the QC isn't there. Spend the cash and get a Duratrac.

I suspect the Kelly TSR is similar to the Fierce. Same basic design, inferior guts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts