Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking into buying a set of 5 goodyear mtr's with kevlar in size 32" x 11.50. i was just wondering if anyones had them or ran them on their jeep? i hear they are a good tire, but im not sure. any advice?

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
I have also been looking at the same tire. I have a friend who has them & likes them but said they are a much harder tire on the road than others, so you will feel like they are over-inflated when they are not. I have the bfg mud terrains at present & have been happy with them in the dry months, they don't do so well in snow or ice. So any recomendations would be appreciated

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
one of our wheeling buddies runs them on his commander. he broke them in at rausch creek in pa and loves them. they are a bit $$, but he says they wear well on road and perform well on rocks and in mud. he's running 32 x 11.5's as well.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I ran with a guy woh has them a couple of weeks ago and they will be the next thing I put on mine! I was impressed and there was another guiy running Buckshots and another running Duratracs. The MTR's just out classed them in the overall performance.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I ran with a guy woh has them a couple of weeks ago and they will be the next thing I put on mine! I was impressed and there was another guiy running Buckshots and another running Duratracs. The MTR's just out classed them in the overall performance.

Perfect example of why lockers would help....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It's like a game of "Spot the Wheel that Will Spin!"

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Perfect example of why lockers would help....
OX's front and back lol He was out by this time just the winch on the roll bar to keep his tub off the rocks. I was looking down at it thinking that's gonna leave a mark! And he didn't have a mark on it except some scraches on the flairs and the step on his sliders.
This is where he started:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've been running them for 3 months now, in 35". Really quiet on the highway and work excellent off road. I highly recommend. I don't agree with post #2 about feeling hard and over inflated. I'm running 25 psi on highway (because of large size).

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Got the 33" MTRs about two months ago and couldn't be happier. Had them up to Rausch a few times, and other places much more than that, and they definitely hold their own on the rocks and in mud. Not sure about snow, but I'm sure we'll find that out soon enough...

·
Registered
189 Posts
We put a set on our new F-150 earlier in the year. They're not too noisy, and they ride pretty smooth and they wear decent. I don't regret buying them, but they are a bit salty!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I love my 33's. MUCH more quiet than the old MTR's. I run them about 12psi and they grab! IS there still a $160 rebate through Goodyear on them? Check their site....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just checked today, there is still the $80 rebate from Goodyear, and TreadLightly is offering a $100 rebate (you have to be a member which I think is $25) also, which nets about a $180 - $155 total rebate depending if you are already a member of TreadLightly or not.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
they are stiff. load range e tire. really high psi. i only had the worn out stock ones on my rubicon for a week but they were not good for the week i had them. not that they were a bad tire but id rather have a c range tire.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The MTR's are the best DOT tire out there right now for rock crawling/ daily driving. They will do well in everything you want to do with it. They are also a strong tire and resist cutting.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
I've been running them for 3 months now, in 35". Really quiet on the highway and work excellent off road. I highly recommend. I don't agree with post #2 about feeling hard and over inflated. I'm running 25 psi on highway (because of large size).
I agree with the Villiage Idiot :D I got them & love them. Still to try them on the wet/ice/snow conditions but mud sand & rock they are great. They don't seem that much harder than my old BFG's, I run 35 psi on pavement & they are quieter as well. They get my vote so far

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just checked today, there is still the $80 rebate from Goodyear, and TreadLightly is offering a $100 rebate (you have to be a member which I think is $25) also, which nets about a $180 - $155 total rebate depending if you are already a member of TreadLightly or not.
Is the Treadlightly rebate on their website? I may have to bite the bullet and buy a set.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts