Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,040 Posts
I put a set on my daughters truck a year before i traded it. Not a fan, wore fast and had two replaced in the year. Flat magnets.

But that's just my experience, they were nice looking and seemed to be roadworthy, but nothing like my BFG's. But the price is right.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don’t know about this tire, but the Goodyear Adventurer is my go to tire. My Jeep will get a set when the tires I bought it with wear out.

I think they are as good as KO2’s. It was a running argument at the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
My TJ had Walmart Goodyear tires on it when I bought it. I'm not sure how long they were on it, but within six months I had to replace them. Now they weren't the Authority, not sure of the name since I didn't buy them. I took the TJ in shortly after I bought it to find out how old the tires were. Two of them were 3 years old and 2 were 4 years old. The spare had a plug in it, so I really didn't ask too many questions on it. The GY tire manager commented "Oh, BTW those are WalMart only tires. I can't even buy them".

They started getting a vibration in one tire we couldn't get out of it, so I replaced all four, with GY Adventurer in 245/75R16 (Rubicon TJ). I kept them on for about three years and two years ago went with the GY Duratracs, which I love. I tried to the Duratracs for my Chief, but they were so back ordered I went with KO2s on the Chief.

I think the KO2s are more aggressive than the Adventurer, more in line with the Duratrac as both have the 3 peak mountain symbol for winter use.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think I will look for something else. Anything that is a Walmart only product needs to be considered with skepticism.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,040 Posts
I ran their other Wrangler LT/AT tires for years on my ford ranger, but then they switched to the Authority and that was the last set from Walmart for me. Walmart is famous for talking Vendors into saving production cost to save a few bucks for thier Wal-Mart only products to take advantage of the brand, but quality usually suffers.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Walmart is famous for talking Vendors into saving production cost to save a few bucks for thier Wal-Mart only products to take advantage of the brand, but quality usually suffers.
I remember a story going around a couple of decades ago when BMW built their plant here. They went to Michelin to order tires for their production line and started with handing over a design they wanted for the tread pattern. The Michelin representative passed the design back over without looking at it and said "We won't try to tell you how to build cars, if you won't try to tell us how to make tires."

I wish GY had the same policy. I'm sure if they did not manufacture tires only for WallyWorld, eventually the brand would be back in their store. Although, that is one thing I would never buy there. I pay a bit more at the tire store I have gone to for decades, but get great service.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I so agree, Tires, especially oversize, is just one of those things you get what you pay for, and you don't skimp on. I pay extra at Discount Tire for their "Off Road" warranty, but nothing gives me more satisfaction than rolling in and having them check and rebalance my wheels whenever I feel the slightest hint of wheel vibration after wheeling.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
They just recently opened a store here, but I have not been to it.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
They do a price match garantee, but make thier money on their warranty certificates and mounting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts