Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Hero 2 a few months ago. Love it. Does anybody on here use these often? Any good mounting tips? I want to get the suction cup mount.

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
I've got a hero2. What year is your Jeep? On the TJs, the handlebar bike mount fits real nice around the side mirror for a nice side shot.

I'm waiting on my hero3 and new mounts before I play too much

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a '99 TJ. That sounds like a good idea. Yeah, I saw the Hero 3 a week or two ago. I wish I had the cash to get one, but I'm a college student with a wife and a baby on the way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Suction mount is awesome...That is probably my favorite mount. It sticks to the window, the doors, sliders. My second favorite mount is the tripod mount...so I can screw it on a tripod. I have the JOBY tripod, which can wrap around stuff or be adjust for uneven terrain easily.

Here is my latest video. If you go to my channel (gconstable23), every video I have posted was shot 100% with my GoPro. It is the older model...I bought mine cheap right after the Hero came out.

Wranglerforum: Miller Jeep Trail & Hungry Valley - YouTube

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The handlebar mount looks really solid. And I'm drooling over the case:drool: I'll check the vids out when I get home

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
Yep the everything we make drawing! I was originally entering so I would get another hero2 and the 3d housing.. but since the release of the hero3 they changed what you get to the brand new gear!!

Won a week and a half ago, had to fill out a form causes taxes then it takes up to 90 days to receive the prize.

The case I bought at harbor freight then got a couple blocks of foam an notched it out for each item. Cause before I had everything tossed in a small camera bag, got tired of digging for the smaller mounts

Just need to get out more with the Jeep an start making videos!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Cons_Table said:
Suction mount is awesome...That is probably my favorite mount. It sticks to the window, the doors, sliders. My second favorite mount is the tripod mount...so I can screw it on a tripod. I have the JOBY tripod, which can wrap around stuff or be adjust for uneven terrain easily.

Here is my latest video. If you go to my channel (gconstable23), every video I have posted was shot 100% with my GoPro. It is the older model...I bought mine cheap right after the Hero came out.

Wranglerforum: Miller Jeep Trail & Hungry Valley - YouTube
That is a great tripod. I also have one and it makes moving the camera a sinch.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Yep the everything we make drawing! I was originally entering so I would get another hero2 and the 3d housing.. but since the release of the hero3 they changed what you get to the brand new gear!!

Won a week and a half ago, had to fill out a form causes taxes then it takes up to 90 days to receive the prize.

The case I bought at harbor freight then got a couple blocks of foam an notched it out for each item. Cause before I had everything tossed in a small camera bag, got tired of digging for the smaller mounts

Just need to get out more with the Jeep an start making videos!
Id love a new gopro...Im still rockin the old one...before the FIRST hero came out :doh:

That is a great tripod. I also have one and it makes moving the camera a sinch.
Hell ya it is...at the end of that video with the time lapse, I had it grabbing onto a tree branch, never moved. I love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts