Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I bought one earlier this year. Awesome.

Been meaning to do what JPi1 mentioned, but I've been slacking...

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I've got the Hero HD 2 and it's awesome. Bought specifically for mounting to my dash and getting jeep wheeling trips filmed. Works perfect.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a Hero 2, suction cup to the front window. Takes great videos, easy to use too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I added the GoPro WiFi backpack to mine so I can control the camera from inside my jeep.
Without the WiFi could you only control it from outside of the jeep!?:rofl:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just bought 2 of them, but have not had a chance to install in both of our Jeeps. I bought the orginal hero naked on sale on their website for $129 instead of $199.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Sgt93 said:
Without the WiFi could you only control it from outside of the jeep!?:rofl:
To put in easy to understand terms, if you had the camera mounted on the front bumper or rear bumper, fender roll cage, etc, you can start and stop the video from the cab.

·
Registered
583 Posts
To put in easy to understand terms, if you had the camera mounted on the front bumper or rear bumper, fender roll cage, etc, you can start and stop the video from the cab.
I know, I was just laughing at the wording. Buddy has a GoPro with wifi and it's a pretty nice setup. I may pick one up.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Sgt93 said:
I know, I was just laughing at the wording. Buddy has a GoPro with wifi and it's a pretty nice setup. I may pick one up.
Haha, I was trying to multi-task and sometimes the writing skills suffer.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi

I have the Hero HD 2 and it is nice mostly because I can put it on my head and have my hands free. If i want better quality I use my phone or Canon 1D MarkIV and I can se the film directly but my hands are not free.

But, the Hero HD 2 is not so good when it is darker, my phone samsung Galaxy 3 is slightly better than Hero HD 2 at day but even more when it is dark. Hero HD 2 gets more noise when it is dark.

Some movies

Birdphotoman44 - YouTube

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm glad I waited. It's nice that the wifi is integrated now. Ordering.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts