Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
The Great White Jeep
1,126 Posts
Good thing here in AZ windshields are covered by insurance once a year for free. I’ve had to change mine 3 out of the last 4 years and I was paid $250 by the company that changed it lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good thing here in AZ windshields are covered by insurance once a year for free. I’ve had to change mine 3 out of the last 4 years and I was paid $250 by the company that changed it lol.
Looks like I need to move to another state.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The warranty and the terms are on the websuite for mopar gorrila glass.
Yes, that's why I'm so upset over this. When my installer says he's called all the numbers he has, and I have called all of the numbers I can find, I'm unsure of how else to deal with it other than to warn everyone else that this is how things worked out.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,678 Posts
Reactions: config

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
assume you went here:

I did. Those were my main points of contact. Unfortunately the "email" option in the second link is not an actual email. Twice I submitted requests via the "email" option, and I have never received email response from them. I used the chat option twice. Once I was told to take it to a dealership, the other time I was told to use the phone option.

The warranty document from the first link you sent is the one I referenced in my video. It's exactly what I mean when I say they claim their windshield has a two-year warranty. That document includes a provision that "Additional exclusions may apply." I have a suspicion that they just use that clause to indiscriminately block warranty claims. I've read through many warranty documents in the past, and I can't remember seeing another one so short or so vaguely worded.

I want to again thank everyone for responding to this. Even though I signed up for this account years ago, this thread is my first post on this site, and I didn't know that there would be this much response over this.

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
This is the reason I didn't have Gorilla glass installed. Started seeing reports like this so I ditched the idea and had OEM glass installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So just to update anyone who was wondering if Jeep is doing anything about this, I haven't been contacted by @JeepCares or anyone from Mopar, Jeep, FCA Group, or Corning about this. With apparently no other options, I sent an email to Mike Manley at [email protected] on Saturday and never received a response from anyone. I didn't expect to receive a response from the CEO of Jeep, but I did assume that someone at the corporate office monitors those emails, and would have responded by now.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
" Due to the covid crisis we are experiencing a high volume of complaints, please be patient as you are very important to us." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
191 Posts
So, Covid can infect Gorilla Glass? Yea, that's it!!! If your windshield is old enough perhaps you can get it vaccinated, LOL!

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,537 Posts
So just to update anyone who was wondering if Jeep is doing anything about this, I haven't been contacted by @JeepCares or anyone from Mopar, Jeep, FCA Group, or Corning about this. With apparently no other options, I sent an email to Mike Manley at [email protected] on Saturday and never received a response from anyone. I didn't expect to receive a response from the CEO of Jeep, but I did assume that someone at the corporate office monitors those emails, and would have responded by now.
I apologize for the delayed response here, config. It was actually due to an internal error not pulling in messages, not a higher than normal volume of complaints. That said, we would be happy to discuss your concerns further if they are still presents. Send our team a private message with more details and your last appointment date. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I apologize for the delayed response here, config. It was actually due to an internal error not pulling in messages, not a higher than normal volume of complaints. That said, we would be happy to discuss your concerns further if they are still presents. Send our team a private message with more details and your last appointment date. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares
A late response is far better than none at all. I saw the message a few days ago, but only got around to responding today due to some minor medical issues. To anyone still interested in this thread, I started a PM, and hopefully this can be resolved. Whatever develops from this, I will update here, unless you guys tell me this is considered old-thread revival, or spamming, or otherwise unwelcome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So as promised, here's the update. I sent a PM to @JeepCares 17 days ago. After no response, I sent a follow-up message 10 days ago. At no point has @JeepCares responded to my PMs, or made any attempt to contact me other than their last comment on this thread. This mirrors my experience trying to get help over the phone, via chat, in dealerships, and on the Mopar website.

If you're reading this thread because you're considering getting a Gorilla Glass windshield, please consider this a cautionary tale, and rethink your decision.

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
237 Posts
I am on my 4th windshield, which is currently cracked, and I’m just giving up on replacing it unless I feel it’s unsafe or my visibility is compromised.

Jeep doesn’t care about current customers or standing by what they sell, they assume everyone who buys a Wrangler will replace half the truck anyway so even warranties don’t have to be honored.

As much as I love my JKUS, I wish I had taken my $45k and bought a 4Runner instead, that way I wouldn’t have a $45k paperweight that I can’t even drive.

·
Registered
2016 JK w/ Snowplow & Trailer Hitch 7-Pin
268 Posts
OEM glass cracked from the edge just below the driver's windehield wiper. Insurance "Full Glass Coverage" and Safelite installed new OEM glass. Zero money out of my pocket for the replacement.

Because I am paying for glass coverage, it makes no sense to spend money on 'uprated' glass.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Windshields are wear items like tires, getting my replaced this spring, under insurance for no out of pocket cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Insurance "Full Glass Coverage" and Safelite installed new OEM glass. Zero money out of my pocket for the replacement.
Windshields are wear items like tires, getting my replaced this spring, under insurance for no out of pocket cost.
@RockyMtn and @mike837go I am jealous of you for having full glass replacement. When I was insured in South Carolina, glass coverage was separate from the rest of the policy, and I had it. Breaking glass was only a minor inconvenience, and I didn't worry too much about it. Here in California, glass coverage is based on comprehensive coverage. For me to change my deductible from $500 to zero, it would cost $18 / month more and I just don't think it's worth it. As a side note, insurance in California is way more expensive than SC.

I am on my 4th windshield, which is currently cracked, and I’m just giving up on replacing it unless I feel it’s unsafe or my visibility is compromised.

Jeep doesn’t care about current customers or standing by what they sell, they assume everyone who buys a Wrangler will replace half the truck anyway so even warranties don’t have to be honored.

As much as I love my JKUS, I wish I had taken my $45k and bought a 4Runner instead, that way I wouldn’t have a $45k paperweight that I can’t even drive.
@Lou E I think you're right about when to replace the glass, and Jeep's intentions on warranty. I saw your comment on my youtube video as well. I'm so sorry to hear you're getting such a raw deal from Stellantis, and I wish there was a reasonable solution for you.

·
Registered
2016 JK w/ Snowplow & Trailer Hitch 7-Pin
268 Posts
In NY “Full Glass” is a separate line item on top of the Comprehensive coverage. Barely noticeable money compared to collision. But sooooo worth it when stupid stuff happens. (swatted a bug on the inside of a luxo-cruiser...)

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
Here in California, glass coverage is based on comprehensive coverage. For me to change my deductible from $500 to zero, it would cost $18 / month more and I just don't think it's worth it. As a side note, insurance in California is way more expensive than SC.
If you're anywhere near the Orange County area, I recently used a guy that did an awesome job replacing the windshield on my girlfriend's 2018 Grand Cherokee. He was honest with a good price and no BS talk -- unlike the others I contacted.

Let me know if you need a resource..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I've said it before... and I don't understand it....but at 116,000 miles my original windshield is still fine. I'd actually like the damn thing to break so I could replace it! Right now, it looks like it's been sand blasted.

·
Commercial Member
7,797 Posts
I've said it before... and I don't understand it....but at 116,000 miles my original windshield is still fine. I'd actually like the damn thing to break so I could replace it! Right now, it looks like it's been sand blasted.
You just jinxed it....

I have replaced a windshield before, not cracked, but pitted enough from gravel etc

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts