Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first let me say,Its a 95 YJ 2.5.yr old 2.5 spring lift 4WD Hardware ,new shocks ,31 s BFG MT .it handeled great with the soft top .with the added weight she dosent do so good .
dosent wobbel ,just sways a bit .going to check steering componets but I dont think they went bad in the time i put the top on.
or is this a common thing. when adding the additional weight?
Thanks Chuck:confused:

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Hard top doesn't weight but a hundred pounds or so. Shouldn't make your Jeep wobble. Check the air pressure in your rear tires.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I've never heard of this, and I drive with a hard top on my YJ. 100 pounds won't do much to a car with leaf springs all around.

Check you're steering stabilizer as well. You'll get a lot of sway if that's going bad. Especially in wind.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
look at your jeep from the side. does it squat in the rear? if so, are your rear springs flat? nose high?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to check everything.Iwas sick all weekend .the jeep isnt wobbeling,and the sway isnt real bad .Just more noticeable now .I think being more comfy in there makes things more noticeable;).could be tire pressure since the temp dropped..
the Jeep sits level just like before .the suspension seems to work a little better .the ride is better, just seems Im up on the wheel a litttle more.Its not drastic ,just different .
just was looking for opinions . Ill let you know what I find. thanks Chuck
just read my orig post the spring lift is 1yr old.

·
Registered
105 Posts
mine sits like this front higher, does this cause that problem?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Put my hardtop back on for the fall and winter months and don't see any difference in how it handles. Could just be a combination of things stacking up against you. Little less weight in the front... maybe tires over inflated, worn steering components, steering stabilizer...you get the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts