Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been chasing this rattle I have for weeks thought it was a shock. No. Replaced universal joint. No. Just had it in they found nothing, inspected it still a rattle over little bumps not big holes. Any ideas it's def coming from under jeep

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call I found I should at least change the bushings on the muffler hangers for a start thanks I guess I'll keep chasing it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably your door latches. Chrysler had a service bulletin several years ago. There was a special krytox grease that gets applied to the latches. I chased the rattles in my 2012 JKU for months. The dealer replaced a number of parts, but to no avail. Someone on this forum brought it to my attention about the grease, so I investgated. The original grease part number was superseded by another. The local dealer didn't have any, but found another dealer within 25 miles who did. I made an appointment and it took about 15 minutes to apply it to the latches and wipe off the excess. It's been almost two years now and no more rattles. It's a white grease that looks similar to lithium.

Try wrapping some electrical tape on the strikers. If your rattle disappears, you've isolated the problem to the latches.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
05 with auto yes
If the rattle is a light metal on metal rattle. There is a Trans Cooler line on the Driver side of the engine block that goes right by the Exhaust headers. Right in the middle, there is a plastic block on that line. It is supposed to clip onto a bolt on the engine block. Check to make sure that is still clipped on. Mine fell off a year ago and it bugged me to no end until I found it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys I'll try both of those after work today. And chase chase chase that b---h till I get her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts