Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Well first get a gas can, and drive your jeep till it's empty to see whether it's a "15 gallon tank" or a 19 when you fill it up, cause most tj low fuel lights turn on when you have about 4-5 gallons left to that makes people assume that they have a 15 gallon tank. If you have a true 15 gallon tank then i heard that you can do something with the fill hose (i think cut it) and that'll help the tank fill up all the way and therefore you'll get 19 gallons. If you need more than 19 then im not sure.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
TjTheo said:
Well first get a gas can, and drive your jeep till it's empty to see whether it's a "15 gallon tank" or a 19 when you fill it up, cause most tj low fuel lights turn on when you have about 4-5 gallons left to that makes people assume that they have a 15 gallon tank. If you have a true 15 gallon tank then i heard that you can do something with the fill hose (i think cut it) and that'll help the tank fill up all the way and therefore you'll get 19 gallons. If you need more than 19 then im not sure.
That's where I was going also... great minds think alike!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im runnin a 15 gal tank. I guess Im spoild with having 30 gal tanks on all the trucks Ive had.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I saw someone was making a 31 gal tank for the LJ, but you had to cut off some "unnecessary" cross piece to make it fit and it cost over $1000 including the new skid
It is easy to convert the 15 to a 19 gal tank, and it really helps. Most people never get below 3 gallons in the tank, so you are going from 12 gal per fillup to 16.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts