Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from school today my brother was driving, and he looked down at the speedometer (or so I was told) for just a second and he ended up rear-ending the Explorer in front of us. The guy we hit was nice enough to let us go without us giving him any information. It hit the receiver hitch on it, so nothing was damaged on the Explorer, but now my front bumper has a massive square dent in it. Now comes the fun part :D My brother said he would pay for a new bumper under $150, but I haven't found anything that I like in that price range. I'm willing to spend some of my own money because I was already kind of looking at front bumpers before this. All I want is something strong and simple. The Jeep is completely stock, so I don't want anything massive or obnoxious. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Try any of the local bone yards?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, but I think I'm just going to order a stock replacement. I'm not ready to do any mods yet.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, but I think I'm just going to order a stock replacement. I'm not ready to do any mods yet.
never replace stock parts.. you'll spend half of what itd cost for a NICE front bumper from somewhere else

trust me ive learned the hard way when i was 16 years old :)

save up and get a nice aftermarket one.. nothing wrong with havin a stock jeep with a nice front bumper on it

heck you can get a procomp bumper for like 100-150 bucks.. smittybuilt has some decent ones too ranging from 100-200$

i like this one.. for the price.. its made by smittybuilt and runs $200

·
Registered
239 Posts
How much are stock replacements from the dealership? Search craigslist for a front replacement, with lots of people always swapping out the stock one for others, it makes them easy to find. I actually have one sitting on the side of my house, but I am not shipping it to FL. :D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i wouldnt recommend getting the one with the d-ring loops.. they arent welded through the bumper.. meaning one good pull and they will rip off..

but my ex ran a procomp rear bumper.. they werent bad for the price

the smittybuilt ones.. (yes they have one very similar to the procomp one your looking at for the same price) has their loops welded through the bumper.. meaning both on the face that shows and the backside

·
Registered
551 Posts
Agreed, when something breaks replace it with something better. save the money and buy a decent bumper. i got mine from amazon and had free shipping which saves you a lot because of the weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Add $150 to the $150 your bro owes and get this!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Buy a piece of 4" angle iron and drill the 4 holes to mount it, then you will have a solid foundation for anything you decide to do later. I built my bumper and it is based on a section of 4" angle.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Take the $150 from your bro, buy a case of good beer (let him have only one), save the the rest for the bumper you really want.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts