Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while at my local tire shop, the guy who approached me commented on my jeep, and then asked if I'd ever tried getting my tires siped. After telling him I would think about it, I went to lunch and looked on the forums about it, considering everyone was happy they had done it, I decided I would try it. I got them to do it for 36 buck! and wow! What a difference! It rides more cushioned, has more control, much smoother and after driving my jeep in upwards of 70 degree weather for about an hour, they were still cool to the touch! Can't wait to see how they perform in the snow and rain!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
got any pics of the handy work? did you get just the center lugs siped or the whole tire?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I might consider siping the KMs but never the KM2s. The rubber compound is too soft and although I don't go looking for big piles of rocks, somehow they find me time to time and I would rather not contribute to the tread chunks that litter rocks on the beaten path.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts