Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... in a really lousy way.

Compshooter invited me to tag along to BigBear with him (thanks :D I had a great time) and since I'd missed that last run I just couldn't pass this one up.

The weather was great and so was the wheelin', though as usual, I was unsure that I was going to be able to follow these guys up the hills.

One of the guys...

And another....

Sorry Comp, I don't have a single picture of your jeepie. But I know you have a really coolio one. You know... the rock. Yup.

And the rock garden that made me ill....

Oh and the absolute hottest guy I've ever wheeled with....

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's it, Dishpan Springs.

The dent is more of a shallow crease on the hood, but barely anything. It's about eight inches with two other dings next to it and a scrape.

But, it doesn't count as trail carnage.

A toyota swung past the group way too fast and flipped a log up over his truck and over to the far side of my jeep. I didn't see it until it bounced off my hood, but the guy behind me said it was pretty spectacular.

Ah well, now I have that out of the way. Still, I'd have liked to had a good story to go with my first dent.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh and the absolute hottest guy I've ever wheeled with....

I had to do a double take there for a minute. Between the color of the Jeep, the dog and the dog's tag, it looked alot like mine. It looks almost like a South Korean Jindo (mine is) but has black on its tongue which means it has Chow in it.

No details on the dent?

edit: beat me to it

If you can get paint, I have a red hood.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't even notice the damage at first. I looked and I thought it was just a little abrasion, so I figured no big deal. But later I looked closer and I could see the dent.

Like I said, it's not much, but I'd have rather had my first dent have a real story to go with it. Kinda like my first black eye has a crumby story. Just dissappointing.

·
Drives by Braille
13,637 Posts
You'd laugh when I tell ya why there is a perfect vertical vent on the pass door of my XJ.

But sweet pics! Glad you had a good time, I missed out on the local stuff today, Jack was there but I didn't get to see anyone as I was at home all day. Boy, I wanna walk again and get my lift done.... now!

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had to do a double take there for a minute.

If you can get paint, I have a red hood.
Thought I snagged your dog huh? Oh and a red hood would look fine :D I'll just rattle can the rest.

You'd laugh when I tell ya why there is a perfect vertical vent on the pass door of my XJ.
Well, you should tell us then. :D I think I can say we all like a good laugh. (and by the way, did you find out about how bad your injury is?)

Nice pics Tiny, I wish i was at bigbear.
To repeat Red's words, join us next time. We'd love to meet you.

Nice photo's Tiny...but if you're gonna roll with the big boys you know you're gonna have to add some rock rails to your jeep;)
Funny thing is, I haven't touched my rails, haven't even bounced onto them yet, though I did wank up my rims nice yesterday.

·
Drives by Braille
13,637 Posts
Well, you should tell us then. :D I think I can say we all like a good laugh. (and by the way, did you find out about how bad your injury is?)
Ok I'll tell ya the truth - but it was an act of god, I swear! The XJ was parked in the driveway after hauling a bit of hay with my cousins trailer which we set over to the right of the driveway. And its a small ATV trailer with the gate as a loading ramp.

And it started to rain pretty good(monsoon season) with some strong winds. I looked out the windows to see the trailer sliding across the ground right twords the XJ. All I could do was :eek: because it was 2ft from the XJ before I was outside and BAM! It left a nice crease from the rocker to about half way up the front passenger door... but I normally tell people I lean'd it up against a tree. :D

My injury status: Minor tears in the meniscus that will more than likly require surgery. Going to see the ortho on Tues and she'll let me know whats gonna happen.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,757 Posts
Tiny I'd have been pissssssssssssssed at that. No reason for people to go flying by others and shite like that.

Az, sorry we missed you this weekend however I'm pretty sure I saw your dad driving your jeep a couple times and saw your sister and mom too. I don't think a lot of the XJ crowd was too happy with us by the end of the day as you have probably heard all about. :D Next time we are up that way we'll get together for some wheelin.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Sorry to hear about your first dent tiny, people like that give the rest of us a bad name. I wish I could have been up there with you guys, but I was up to my eyeballs in research. It looks like you really had a great day. I really like that trail. I've ridden it a hundred times on my bike and have always wanted to do it in the Jeep. Did you go through the crossing @ T-6?

On a lighter note, on Sunday morning, I finished the first research paper I've written in 25 years. Feels pretty good! Only about 50 more to go!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.