Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to KD Fabworks!!:worthy::worthy:

Jeep Wrangler Forum - View Profile: kjdavis

Install was a breeze and it is exactly the look I wanted. Unfortunately my floods didn't fit so I gotta order up a light bar & D rings. Not sure on which winch I want yet either...

First hings first though... Now on to cleaning out all the rust on my frame and undercoating my rig... That is where I could use some help. my plan is to use a power washer then grind all rust down. I was thinking POR15, but I am wondering about the inside of the frame. How do I get in there and what do I do?? Once all that is done it will be bedliner in the tub time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats and nice looking rig. I will give you what was suggested to me from a very reliable member...Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator. I used three cans. Two cans for both frame rails inside. Just use the holes already there and just change angles a little. Third can just went wild on all exterior parts and frame. I didn't have any rust, but like I said it came from a respected member.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I will be looking into that stuff. I have read about people drilling some holes in the bottom of their frame to aid in drainage, I am thinking about doing that as well. I live in the rust belt so I wanna do everything I can to protect the frame (I already noticed some interior flaking).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
fxsxux was the first to buy a powder coated bumper that we've shipped, so it was great to see that it made it from Oregon to New Jersey with no issues! In the past we've been offering the powder coating option for local customers, but we've opened that up to everyone now that we've got packaging sorted out.

fxsxux - it looks great on your TJ! I need to get a new photo of the bare steel bumper as the design has changed slightly from what is shown, it now has a bend along the back side that covers the factory swaybar.

The bumper is laser cut and formed from 3/16" steel, and the tube is 1.75" .120 wall DOM tube. The fairlead bracket is included (Warn 8274 fairlead bracket available as well). The bumper is pre-drilled to accept our steering box skid plate as well!

Join our mailing list and you'll get a coupon code that you can use on the bumper for 10% off!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your TJ with WranglerForum.com Eric!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Looks good! POR-15 on the outside of the frame is a good idea. The inside...thats a beast to do right! Really need a scope to do a complete in-frame inspection and see what the rust situation is. I used oil on the inside, after cleaning it out. After that, I drilled some extra drain holes to keep the water from gathering. The eastwood stuff is supposed to be good too, but you have to make sure you have complete coverage to ensure the rust is encapsulated or it will spread like wildfire.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Loving the look of that bumper. That's the one I'm thinking about getting. Do you by chance have any pictures from the side? Thanks

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
Ben,
If fxsxux isn't able to get a side pic, I can try to get one for you. What are you looking to see in particular?

Thanks!
Kurt
KD Fabworks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ben, If fxsxux isn't able to get a side pic, I can try to get one for you. What are you looking to see in particular? Thanks! Kurt KD Fabworks
Hi Kurt I was really just looking to see the angle of the hoop and do you know if I could fit my stock fog lights in the hoop?
Thanks, ben

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
Hi Kurt I was really just looking to see the angle of the hoop and do you know if I could fit my stock fog lights in the hoop?
Thanks, ben
Here's a side shot showing the angle of the hoop. This is an older photo that doesn't show the extra bend on the right that covers the sway bar.

As far as the lights, if we put the light tabs on the bar you can put the factory lights on top of the bar. Or, there are holes on the ends of the bumper to put lights as well. Were you wanting the lights to be below the hoop?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here's a side shot showing the angle of the hoop. This is an older photo that doesn't show the extra bend on the right that covers the sway bar. As far as the lights, if we put the light tabs on the bar you can put the factory lights on top of the bar. Or, there are holes on the ends of the bumper to put lights as well. Were you wanting the lights to be below the hoop?
Ooh that looks sweet! And yeah I was thinking putting them under the hoop or on the outsides of it

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
Ooh that looks sweet! And yeah I was thinking putting them under the hoop or on the outsides of it
If you hang them below the hoop they'd be in the way of a winch if you put one there. You could put them on either end outside the hoop no problem

If you did want to hang them below the hoop you could just add a comment to the order and specify what you're wanting. That way we would put the light tabs on the bottom of the hoop, not the top.

PM me with any other questions you may have, I'm happy to help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts