Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my new wheels and tires over the weekend. Many thanks to this board for all the great information and specifically to Schlitz who helped me with my wheel choice. Here are some before and after pics for you. I absolutely love the wheels and the tires. The look great (I think). I could not be happier with how it all worked out and with the great service I got from Discount Tire Direct.

Wheels: Black Rock Viper 900B 17"

Tires: BFG All-Terrain KO 285/70/R17

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Nice!

Sweet looking rims, too. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Very nice! :thumb:

·
Registered
314 Posts
black wheels are awesome

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

Two quick questions you may be able to help me with:
1) What PSI do you recommend for these tires?
2) How often do you rotate tires? 5K, 8K, 10K???

·
Registered
117 Posts
nice! Those look sweet! It's night and day difference from the stock.

If you ask the tire pressure question on a thousand threads, you'll get a thousand different answers. After scouring the internet, etc... I'm running about 33psi. Seems to ride quite well and no uneven wearing after 4-5k miles. Lots of people just say to do the chalk test..

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I rotate every oil change so every 5k

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice! Those look sweet! It's night and day difference from the stock.

If you ask the tire pressure question on a thousand threads, you'll get a thousand different answers. After scouring the internet, etc... I'm running about 33psi. Seems to ride quite well and no uneven wearing after 4-5k miles. Lots of people just say to do the chalk test..
Not knowing what to set them at I just went with 35. Seems pretty comfortable to me. I generally prefer higher pressure rather than lower. I had the stock SR/A's close to 40. Hmmmmm, maybe I will try 33 like you said and see what it feels like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts