Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rebuilding a 98 TJ that was given to me. The interior was nasty -- very dirty, and full of dirt/twigs/mud. I was worried about mold, and the seats were ripped. Originally I thought about getting aftermarket sets, but all the reviews seemed to be negative. Ultimately I decided to tear them apart to ensure there was no mold and have them reupholstered.

Got em back, today, and I think they look great. Much better than seat covers!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Looks great! My driver is in awful shape, and I hate the vinyl they are made of

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much did it cost you
A bit expensive... $725. But they did a great job, and after seeing the work, I'm comfortable with the price I paid. We decided to go with a thicker vinyl for the backs and it has a great look/feel in person. The fabric on the seating surfaces reminds me of the cloth from early-to-mid Chevy Silverado trucks. The upholsterer said it's called "Dorchester". He said it should resist wear and fading. I'm hoping that's the case, since I'll be leaving the top off most of the summer.

I also had them re-do the seat on my Honda CB700SC. I had restored the bike a couple years ago, but still had the factory seat since it was the one part of the bike that was still in good shape. Unfortunately it had started to develop a rip on the top, so it was time to get it redone. The back of the stock seat had "HONDA" painted on it from the factory. I wanted to retain that look, so I had them embroider it onto the new seat. I also went with a red/blue french seam to match the paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts