Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started diagnosing an '06 TJ for a transmission shifting issue. I make Youtube videos to help people out. Hopefully this vid below will give someone the direction they need if there 2006 Wrangler is having transmission shifting issues. Check out my other Jeep reapir videos as well. Appreciate any comments, thanks for watching and take it easy -Ozz

https://youtu.be/PbUqhvXu7N8

·
Registered
15,711 Posts
Pleasant enough video three specific comments

Although 05 and 06 auto have same 4 plug PCM layout the hard 1 to 2 shift temporarily correctable with PCM reset seems to be exclusive to 06

The four plugs are not just color coded the internal ridges are different as apparent in your video so you cannot cross plug them

Good luck with replacement as it is really hit and miss more often miss as it is a inherent problem with the 06 4.0 auto PCM both rubicon and non rubicon variety

See lengthy posts from old pueblo on this issue

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with replacement as it is really hit and miss more often miss as it is a different nurse than problem with the 06 4.0 auto PCM both rubicon and non rubicon variety

Proper diagnostics will determine if the PCM is 100% the issue. I plan on making a future video on the evidence after more testing is complete. Thanks for commenting and watching!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts