Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding some 1.5" wheel spacers to my Jeep....

Would any of you mind sharing before and after pics of your jeep with them?

Do you all recommend them? Not recommend? Pros/Cons?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Will you be using stock size tires or going oversize?

I installed a set of 285/70R17 Duratracs on stock Rubicon rims. I had to install spacers to keep the tires from rubbing. The spacers extend the tire a bit outside of the fender flares. Below is a before/after shot.

As long as you use a decent set of spacers, and install them properly, you shouldn't have any problems. I used Spidertrax spacers..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have the 1.5" spacers from spidertrax. I unfortunately don't have the pics on my phone but I'll post them as soon has I get back to my laptop. As long as you torque them correctly there should be no problems. Installed mine 3 weeks ago and they haven't loosened a bit.

I'd definitely recommend them. Got them along with my Teraflex leveling kit because I wanted to keep the stock wheels/KO2s. The spacers give it just a bit of a wider stance to help the stock wheels look like they belong.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I also have the 1.5" spacers from spidertrax. I unfortunately don't have the pics on my phone but I'll post them as soon has I get back to my laptop. As long as you torque them correctly there should be no problems. Installed mine 3 weeks ago and they haven't loosened a bit.

I'd definitely recommend them. Got them along with my Teraflex leveling kit because I wanted to keep the stock wheels/KO2s. The spacers give it just a bit of a wider stance to help the stock wheels look like they belong.
Same story for me, did the Teraflex leveling kit and spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers a couple weeks ago. I am really liking how it all turned out. Kevin. :iamhappy:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I have been running hub centric spider trad 1 1/2” spacers on stock rims for a while now. I have Cooper STT pro 315 70R 17’s and have not had a problem.

Reactions: KevinW

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have 285/70R17 Dick Cepeks on stock rims and I used 1.5 in Spydertrax. They work and look awesome. Just be sure to retorque them after about 100 miles. Then just check them after every oil change. On a side note after retorquing mine. The lugs never budged.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the spidertrax 1.5 as well on my stock rims and tires. Ive had them on now for 2 years. No issues so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KevinW

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 35’s and a 4” life in my Jeep....I just wanted to see some looks with the spacers so I can see if I like it before I pull the trigger. Thanks for all of the input so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts