Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently building up my jeep and looking into GPS. Everyone says use your phone. I would like to use an app on an Ipad if possible. I have looked at AllTrails and GAIA. I am trouble understanding whats a walking trail. 4x4 or just a path. Any advice? I will start posting pics as I get closer. I took a 91 YJ and basically dumped A LOT of money into it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Go to youtube and just watch a bunch of Gaia videos. I've been running Gaia on my iPad Mini 4 mounted to my dash and absolutely love it. The software does have a lot of options and capabilities. It's not super intuitive.

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
I currently building up my jeep and looking into GPS. Everyone says use your phone. I would like to use an app on an Ipad if possible. I have looked at AllTrails and GAIA. I am trouble understanding whats a walking trail. 4x4 or just a path. Any advice? I will start posting pics as I get closer. I took a 91 YJ and basically dumped A LOT of money into it.
I purchased GAIA a couple of days ago and yeah, same issues. I've been playing with the layers a bit and it seem to help if you use a "street map' for the main map and then place the USFS MVUM as a "layer" over the top.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts