Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my jeep is a DD and will be in a Mall Parking lot and the Beach more than any trails. With that said I am still going to go with 33's and 2.5 lift. My challenge right now is my wife and daughter are already asking for Grab Bars to get in and out (pre lift)

I had Velcro grips on my old Wrangler and I found them just fine. I wanted to get some opinions on why to go with something like the front windshield mounded Grabs I have seen. Seem like they would get in the way and people would hit their heads... I'm open, just need some thoughts from more experienced people.

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
I was going to show the same ones RubiconSS beat me to. LOL
They're really good... they make them for the back seat too.
Bought mine AT the dealership in parts dept.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen them and like them. Was just worried about people having issues with them getting in and out. Ok.... Made in the USA and come in Red or Black... I think I have it.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I am not what you would call experienced but I tried the velcro ones and hit my head on them often enough to opt for the bars. I bought the knockoffs from Amazon and so far so good. Very sturdy. I reused the old rear handles and attached them to the front headrests.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
No issues with getting in out of mine. I didn't have any issues putting mine in.
The only problem I have is the passenger side was hitting the sunvisor. I modified it a little and it improved it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the original Grabars in the front, and the import Wild Board handles in the back. Both work very well (I have a 3" lift and 35" tires and the wife/daughter complained about access) and are of equal quality. The Wild Boar are 1/2 the price, and from what I have read the front handles install much easier than the Grabars do (which are known to have holes slightly off-center which can make install difficult).
I really like mine, and definitely assist with getting in front or rear.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am not what you would call experienced but I tried the velcro ones and hit my head on them often enough to opt for the bars. I bought the knockoffs from Amazon and so far so good. Very sturdy. I reused the old rear handles and attached them to the front headrests.
Sorry, hijacking thread....I just bought that same phone holder and it shakes like crazy....does yours do this?:hijacked:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I installed wild boars last night..love em..very solid. I made my best effort to not drop a-pillar bolt behiend it...but somehow still managed. Got it out.....eventually

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put my Grabars in a few weeks ago and love them. I only got the front because I feel the kids would hit their heads on the rear ones. I have one set of the factory Jeep handles in the rear and the other on the head rests.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,877 Posts
I have seen them and like them. Was just worried about people having issues with them getting in and out. Ok.... Made in the USA and come in Red or Black... I think I have it.
Actually......they come in several different colors now
Blue, green, orange, red, black, PINK....even have matching foot pegs
In speaking with people at different Jeep meets as well as our customers, everyone seems to like them a lot
-Chris

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have the Grabars on the front of the JKU.

Whichever you brand you like, be sure to support a forum sponsor. In all the reviews I have seen, there is not a huge difference between the way they perform.

A few tips: run the Bolts back and forth in the holes with some WD40 BEFORE you attempt to feed them though through the actual bars themselves. The holes are not 100% perpendicular to the frame they go into. Best to learn that angle before you put the bars up. Also cleans out any factory Loc-tite in the threads.

My only regret with them is not getting the rears at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
GraBars are WIN!!!!

One of the best mods on my Jeep. Whole family uses them every time getting in.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Sorry, hijacking thread....I just bought that same phone holder and it shakes like crazy....does yours do this?:hijacked:
It shakes but nothing terrible. I only use it for a 5 inch Garmin GPS. I would imagine that it would shake worse if trying to hold something bigger and heavier.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I got mine thru XTRyan on here. Gave me the best price and I love them. My husband now wants them in his Rubicon and everytime I get in his Jeep I say "you really need to get yours already!" It's just a better angle for me personally to hop up in. They are solid! I wouldn't do any other now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Another vote for the welcome distributors grabbars, very happy owner here. I am 5'-11" and weigh 215#. I hang from these and rock the whole jeep with out budging. One of the best mods ever !!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts