Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any issues with them...like the sunvisors? Can they be used without issue?
Eads

·
Registered
442 Posts
The only issue I have, if you can call it an issue, is that my sun visors won't go all the way forward to the windshield anymore. However, the trade off is worth it to me (short, older guy, taller vehicle). I don't like pulling on my steering wheel to get in, so the grab bar is totally worth it!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yup same deal here. You have to unclip the visor and swing it back at an angle to then be able to fold it forward. Or you can force it but that will eventually wear on it.

I’ve learned to live with it. I’m not short and don’t really need the bar to get in but I find it very handy for keeping my butt from scrubbing the upholstery off the seat bolster and knocking down the seat riser when getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. My wife isn't a big fan of them,but i would like to get them. I've seen then on Amazon for 20-30 for the front. Heck at that price they can always be removed if doesn't work out. Only issue there are so many brands of them.
Eads

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are there any issues with them...like the sunvisors? Can they be used without issue?
Eads
The problem with the sun visors (as pointed by vikingshadow) is an interference where the sun visor hits the grab handle vertical post that is bolted to the top.

It is always possible to flip the sun visors down, but it is never possible to push the sun visors forward against the windshield, in the down position.

I have the Steinjager handles (beautiful design but poorly engineered); they interfere with the sun visors.

The Grabars and all the Grabars knockoff suffer from the same interference between the vertical post and the sun visor.

BUT, having a grab handle to help climb, and descend, from your JK will be extremely convenient.

Before installing the Steinjager handles, I hated having to grab the steering wheel to get into my Jeep and occasional passengers could never figure out how to climb in my Jeep.

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure whether this will be helpful, but as an alternative to the grab bars you could consider these grab handles that just wrap around the roll bar. Admittedly they don't look quite as cool as the grab handles, but functionally they are sound. I've used them in my JKU for about 3 1/2 years with no problem. I use them to pull me up and into the jeep every time I get in and they've never come loose or had the strap break or anything like that. They've been totally fine. They're definitely out of the way of the sun visor, and everything else. And they're cheap. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Handles-Wrangler-1995-2018-Freedom-Unlimited/dp/B07GRTXN9V/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=jeep+grab+handles+for+pack+with+velcro&qid=1578164669&sr=8-4

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure whether this will be helpful, but as an alternative to the grab bars you could consider these grab handles that just wrap around the roll bar. Admittedly they don't look quite as cool as the grab handles, but functionally they are sound. I've used them in my JKU for about 3 1/2 years with no problem. I use them to pull me up and into the jeep every time I get in and they've never come loose or had the strap break or anything like that. They've been totally fine. They're definitely out of the way of the sun visor, and everything else. And they're cheap. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Handles-Wrangler-1995-2018-Freedom-Unlimited/dp/B07GRTXN9V/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=jeep+grab+handles+for+pack+with+velcro&qid=1578164669&sr=8-4
yep I have the the OEM ones that strap around the grab bar. They're okay for hanging on to when driving but I'm tired of banging my face on them when I get in the jeep :)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Thanks for the help. My wife isn't a big fan of them,but i would like to get them. I've seen then on Amazon for 20-30 for the front. Heck at that price they can always be removed if doesn't work out. Only issue there are so many brands of them.
Eads
You don't have to install both. If you're the driver, only install the drivers side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the Grabar brand and they only limit an inch or so of travel. Never felt it's an issue. Now I also rarely use them because of the tint I had done. You should be able to see the tint in this picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
These are awesome and exactly what I have been looking for!! I just ordered 2 sets. Thank you for posting this link!
CMM makes great handles. I made the mistake of buying chinesium ones and soon realized they are crap. I quickly ordered the CMM ones and the difference is real.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
CMM makes great handles. I made the mistake of buying chinesium ones and soon realized they are crap. I quickly ordered the CMM ones and the difference is real.

They have very good quality and well thought out designs. Their handles are awesome and don’t make the Jeep look like a piece of gym equipment. I also have their passenger panic bar. I use the RAM ball to mount my iPad for GAIA GPS maps. It puts the iPad in the perfect location. Usually three or four times a year they have a 15% off sale, the last one just ended December 31.

Reactions: jeep63
1 - 15 of 15 Posts