Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone fill me in on Grab bars. I want get the metal kind that bolt on, not the ones with straps that came with my Jeep.

Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have the Grab Bars brand front and back. Invaluable for the wife and kids getting in. Easy to install with no cutting of plastic. Carolina Metal Masters are also popular. Different style but same concept.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Have Grabars as well, front only. Excellent product--they seem pricey, but after you install them the price seems worth it.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Ask Ryan from Extreme Terrain (forum sponsor) here for a good price.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I recently got the grabars front and rear. Pricey but solid!!!!! 3/4" solid steel. They aren't moving! Pretty easy to put on, but for me (front bars) put the side bolt on first then top and torque them to spec. My buddy about 230lbs yanked on them, and he was impressed. I'm about 200lbs and they are fine with me pulling on them.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
After I wash my Rig I just hang the whole Jeep up to dry by my front drivers side GraBar.
Solid - Over Built, just the way I like it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Must have for front, could live without the rears. Wife and I (and anyone else for that matter) that sit in front use them getting in or out. Rears I feel are a little intrusive since you lose a little height getting in or out. My boys are 5'9 to 6'0 tall and I believe with shorter people they wouldn't be in the way so much. But in all fairness my wife managed to hit her head on the sound bar??? She's only 5'4.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must have for front, could live without the rears. Wife and I (and anyone else for that matter) that sit in front use them getting in or out. Rears I feel are a little intrusive since you lose a little height getting in or out. My boys are 5'9 to 6'0 tall and I believe with shorter people they wouldn't be in the way so much. But in all fairness my wife managed to hit her head on the sound bar??? She's only 5'4.
Thanks. I hadn't thought about that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
When I was researching Grabars, my biggest concern with them would be wacking my dome on them in an accident. I went with the strap type. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you remove your rear grabars?

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I was researching Grabars, my biggest concern with them would be wacking my dome on them in an accident. I went with the strap type. Just something to think about.
I completely agree. People don't think about these things until you are rear-ended by somebody doing 35mph. That cute functional metal grab bar is now a spear ready to skewer your forehead. If you hit that bar with any force you are RIP.
Or T-boned and slammed up against it with the side of your head.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts