Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all around at grab handles and all I can find are the ones that velcro on around roll cage---I noticed there are two holes on the pillar near the windshield on the top--do they make a grab handle that bolts in to those bolts? or is there another option other than the velcro grab handles?? let me know and if you have pics of what you have post em up please!!

·
Genius
20,952 Posts
I've always used these. I've never had a problem with em. They've supported all 190lbs of me and never let me down, literally. LOL.

Is it the look that you don't like or the reliability?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I've always used these. I've never had a problem with em. They've supported all 190lbs of me and never let me down, literally. LOL.

Is it the look that you don't like or the reliability?
I have four of some very similar.. work like a charm and you can move/remove them in seconds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I like these!!! Does anyone have these? Like or dislike? any other info?

I just read the install instructions and you have to trim some of your interior pieces to get them to work--I dont like that.

Is there any other company or website that sells something like this--

if so post the link please

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
You might have to go with the softie velcro ones then. Those are the only "hard" handles I know of. But one thing I can tell you is that poly performance is a huge name in 4x4 so as far as quality and fit they should be perfect.

I really like them too.

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
I have recently been through a handle swap of my own.
I had Rugged Ridge handles that were fantastic but finally wore out after about four years of heavy use.
Then I swapped a set to a fellow club member (they were red)

for a set of black Smittybuilts.

They were TERRIBLE. They stretched way out and the handles slipped around on the straps. Lightweight materials.

So I started shopping once again and ended up buying the Corbeau handles. $39

They are fantastic. They have a little softer rubber in the grip, STRONG straps and are all the way around heavier than either of the other two but the Rugged Ridge was a very close runner up and $10 cheaper.

I thought about doing a whole write up and product review, but I got lazy.

One thing that's nice about the flexable handles is that when you grab them to pull yourself up, they have a little give, like the stirrup on a saddle. It helps to keep your balance. You can also position them right where you want them to be. Some folks put them way to the front, others to the rear. I put mine in the middle so I can hold on when I'm on the trail.

Otherwise, when you have them in black, all you ever really see is the handle hanging down, the rest is pretty much on top of the roll bar.

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
I hate it when the images turn into little red Xs!
Which is WHY we need to be able to edit posts when we need to.

So that I could fix the silly thing.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I got the Mopar ones,, really thought these would be cool,, but. When I grab them,, my elbow is below the window rail,, kinda pointless.

Plus it will smack you in the head each time you get in and out of your Jeep.

I do like the coat hanger one for the back roll bars. Easy to hook stuff in it.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
@silvrevo

God made your arms too long :eek: nothing that a sawsall can't solve. :p

Or you could invest in half doors. That would lower the window pane. :punk:

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I got the Mopar ones,, really thought these would be cool,, but. When I grab them,, my elbow is below the window rail,, kinda pointless.

Plus it will smack you in the head each time you get in and out of your Jeep.

I do like the coat hanger one for the back roll bars. Easy to hook stuff in it.
That's because the doors are not supposed to be there. :rolleyes: :flipoff:

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
It should be easy enough to come up with some kind of padding for them, but I think that might be the least of your concerns in a rollover. If you're strapped in it would be tough to make contact with them. Have you bumped your head on the rollbar yet? I have. Trust me that padding might as well not be there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a pair of these worked great on my TJ roll bar but aren't long enough to wrap around to fit the JK.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
still up in the air on what I want--if anyone else finds some that attach in some other way than velcro--let me know.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
It should be easy enough to come up with some kind of padding for them, but I think that might be the least of your concerns in a rollover. If you're strapped in it would be tough to make contact with them. Have you bumped your head on the rollbar yet? I have. Trust me that padding might as well not be there.
Maybe use that black foam padding they put on the copper plumbing pipes in houses and buildings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts