Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:iamhappy:

For a novice these were much easier to install than the instructions made it out to be. Wow, they look great, strong and pretty easy. Great combination.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Oh, GraBars...not Grabbers...

Nice!

PS: you mounted the rear ones backwards... The handle goes against the trailing edge of the B-pillar to aid entry.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Looks great! The red adds a little splash of color.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Oh, GraBars...not Grabbers...

Nice!

PS: you mounted the rear ones backwards... The handle goes against the trailing edge of the B-pillar to aid entry.
He's not gonna like that you said that, especially after he told himself how easy it was...lol

You did install it backwards!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Ha... I was expecting to see a set of General Grabbers tires not GraBars! Look good, like the splash of red. I have all black and wish I would have got the red now. And my set did NOT come with any instructions.

And aldo is correct, you have the back ones reversed, unless you like them that way. Normally they handle faces towards the front.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's not gonna like that you said that, especially after he told himself how easy it was...lol You did install it backwards!

Damn I'll fix this week. I was following the instructions. Thanks for the heads up...

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Sorry. that gave me a chuckle. Looks like something I would have done.

I had a buddy over this weekend I hadn't seen in years. We went to get some beer and pizza in my Jeep. Would not shut up about the GraBars. He really thought they were great.

Enjoy! Who knows maybe you have the rears in Correct and we all are backwards :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. that gave me a chuckle. Looks like something I would have done. I had a buddy over this weekend I hadn't seen in years. We went to get some beer and pizza in my Jeep. Would not shut up about the GraBars. He really thought they were great. Enjoy! Who knows maybe you have the rears in Correct and we all are backwards :)
I'm sure that's not the case. I'm a computer geek so normally a keyboard is my tool ;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
they look like something to bang my head on

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I had a quick trip to NYC. Got off a Red Eye and the first thing I did when I got home is fix them. The world is a better place now they are installed the right way.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Very nice! I'll probably add some to mine now.

Has anyone found an especially great price on these? I'm seeing $175 for the front/back set everywhere.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They weren't cheap - I saw the ones that some people get off Amazon and they look just as good. I didn't want ALL RED thought I think the black with the splash of red looks better. I'm going for a Black Jeep with Red and Chrome Accent color look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First thing I installed in my new Jeep was a pair of these. Well, actually, I bought a pair of the all-red Opar brand -- $50 cheaper and same build quality. They look (and work) great with my Firecracker red Willys!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First thing I installed in my new Jeep was a pair of these. Well, actually, I bought a pair of the all-red Opar brand -- $50 cheaper and same build quality. They look (and work) great with my Firecracker red Willys!
Great this is why I love jeeps so much to,do,and morally two peoples come out so different

1 - 16 of 16 Posts