Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently discovered that I was receving a graduation gift(highschool graduation). I have the opportunity to choose what I want for my TJ. I have some options:
Glove Compartment
Center Console
Snorkel
Windshield Lightbar Mount (With 5 Kc HiLites)
Front and Rear Double Tube Bumper
Seats (Need them, not urgently)

I'm free to ideas. I can get up to 3 things at once depending on the price.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well, first off, congratulations on your upcoming graduation. Don't F-off and do something dumb that will not cause you to graduate! :thumb:

Next, what is the budget? What style bumpers you looking to get? I think the old tube style bumpers are dated and ugly, just my personal preference. A lot of other bumpers that you can get for a good price. Some as low as $160.

What kind of off roading do you like? I would serious think about your wheeling style and what would be most functional for you vs. "just getting something" Most vendors sell gift cards too, so if you can't make up your mind right away, gift cards or cash works.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
the glove compartment and center console (locking I assume) seem the most practical. I kinda agree with Skrow on the Tube bumpers...but to each their own. IMO it adds too much weight to the Jeep, especially if you plan on winch and bigger tires later.

The seats would be the "second" most practical...just get some that will accept a harness again for down the road.

The snorkel....I didn't look enough to see where you are...but if you NEED a snorkel you got a whole lot of other issues going on........While I can see SOME people who need them on a dedicated trail rig, most of us don't really need a snorkel..its just for the "cool" factor and thats okay...HEY ITS your JEEP do what ya want!!! Everyone will help you spend your Graduation money!!! Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the feedback.

The glove compartment and center console are the steel ones and the lockable of course ;)

The snorkel is for looks mostly. You have to admit it looks badass.

As for the seats, my mom will definitely get them for me.

The bumpers, are the double tube with the winch plate in the front.

I will eventually get the lug jut bolted rims and 33" tires. Also a body lit, too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Congrats on the Graduation!
The Glovebox/Center Console is the best idea. You don't want someone stealing your stuff if you can help from it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok quick off-topic question. I found a deal with 4 off-road jeep lights that are 55 watts. Is it possible to buy the lights and change the bulb and wiring to 100 watts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts