Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anybody, I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have an 88 yj with a 4" lift. I need to replace the stock leaf spring shackles but want to replace with greasable ones. The stock ones are 4" center to center. Any suggestions ? Not looking for any bigger lift. I know I might get a little lift because the shackle size will be a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
It's not the shackles themselves, but the bolts and sleeves in the bushings that make them greasable. You can get the bolts separately,and save a few bucks, if you have newer spring bushings, but you might as well replace the bushings while you are at it, if needed.
Daystar has a set for $57 and change right now on Amazon, FYI, Daystar is what RE uses on their kits, OME has proprietary bushings that use stock the bolts.

I would try and verify your leaf spring brand before shopping to far...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it at last, I ordered some from XT. I actually called and spoke to someone about what I needed and the type of lift and leaf springs I have. Should be here by the end of the week. I also got some new bushings the other ends of the leaf springs.

Their is good info on this site, I appreciate people.

midessa7

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Glad to see you did your homework, Nothing disappoints more than opening the box and finding out you got parts that don't fit.LOL

Have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts