Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been kicked around on this forum, as I have read previous threads discussing grease type for the various lube points. I currently use NLGI2 Green grease on the drive line of my 2011 Tacoma. Is that acceptable to use on the seven lube points on my '04 Wrangler? I picked the vehicle up on Monday and would like to get acquainted with the normal maintenance on it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,498 Posts
Chrysler uses a red grease in our Jeeps. Valvoline sells tubes of it in most auto parts stores. Not all greases are compatible with each other so I'd stick with the red Chrysler stuff in previously greased fittings. Lucas Red and Tacky is good and compatible too, I've pretty much switched to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jerry. So can assume it's just like my Tacoma drive train, grease until clean grease comes out? Also, a more general question. All my full socket sets and box wrenches are metric, from having motorcycles and three Toyota trucks. Are the Jeeps standard or metric fasteners?

Thanks in advance.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,498 Posts
Yep that's a good way to grease, flush the old grease out. You'll need both SAE and metric tools for a TJ. Mostly SAE on the old-school drivetrain, mostly metric everywhere else. Mostly being the operative word. It pays to bring both types with you when you crawl under the Jeep to work on it. I carry both on the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts