Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone. I'm happy to report that I was successful in removing my hardtop and convert my new (2004) Wrangler to the softop that was also in the vehicle. This is my first Jeep, so I'm learning as I go. This vehicle only has 50K miles and is literally in brand new condition. So it didn't really surprise me when the softop appeared to be used very little, if it all. But I do have a quick question. My Jeep has full doors so I needed to put the plastic door frames in that attach to the roll bar and the Jeep body. I am missing the rubber piece on one side that is supposed to be on the body ( the male peg of these plastic frames slides down into it ). There is a hole already in the body, but this rubber piece allows for a tighter fit…it looks like the rivet that held it popped out. Where could I find this piece other than maybe a junk yard? I've found that the Jeep dealer is limited on parts for a jeep of this age. Thanks again so much, Mark

·
Registered
901 Posts
I believe you're asking about 'door surrounds'. Check out Quadratec, they'll probably have the piece you're looking for.

·
Registered
424 Posts
FC is right - it's the mucket. I just got the replacement for the driver's side yesterday. The quality isn't the same as the one from the factory but once you put the surround back on, it's a non-issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts