Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this during my research. Not sure if it has been posted here before but it's awesome. Gives you almost everything. I will post it in the tire section too.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

I did the comparison between the 17" stock Tire/Wheel to the 16" Tire/wheel combo that I am going to. It's not perfect. Doesn't take into account if you go from alloys to steels but still a great tool

Moderator: May be a good idea to make it a sticky.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Level 8 Tracker manufactured by Motorsport. Its on the discount tire website.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello SunnyK
I would like to thank you for the information you have provided, I was flying blind until I was able to read your posting. I'm now going with 16x8.5 -6 bs and I will be installing 285/75R16 Goodyear Silent Armor (Pro-Grade) tires.

98% of my Jeep use is long trips from SE Louisiana to Wyoming, and then 2% on the mountain trails.

So thank you.

elkman69

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elkman69 said:
Hello SunnyK
I would like to thank you for the information you have provided, I was flying blind until I was able to read your posting. I'm now going with 16x8.5 -6 bs and I will be installing 285/75R16 Goodyear Silent Armor (Pro-Grade) tires.

98% of my Jeep use is long trips from SE Louisiana to Wyoming, and then 2% on the mountain trails.

So thank you.

elkman69
U r welcome my friend!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I found this during my research. Not sure if it has been posted here before but it's awesome. Gives you almost everything. I will post it in the tire section too.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

I did the comparison between the 17" stock Tire/Wheel to the 16" Tire/wheel combo that I am going to. It's not perfect. Doesn't take into account if you go from alloys to steels but still a great tool

Moderator: May be a good idea to make it a sticky.
thanks sunnykk for posting this ... finally got my head around the different tire measurements by using the tool you posted.

-pcwolf
Yorktown, Virginia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts