Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2016 Sahara has stock grill grates and headlight inserts in it that I want to remove and put in new ones. The grill grates look like they have a tab at the bottom that you pull (up or down?) to get them off. First question :)

Second is how do you get the headlight inserts out without removing the lights? if that is possible.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grill grate and headlight inserts? Not sure what you are referring to.
Here are some pictures many that will help. They gray inserts in the grill and in the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take the whole grill off and you can see the back better. It is easy to remove.
Ok, I was trying to avoid that if I could. Might be the only way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Unless you have something mounted to the bumper that makes getting the grill off impossible , it is so easy there is no reason to avoid it. Pull the retainer pins, unhook the marker lights, and few quick pulls near the tabs. Quick and easy. Reverse process to put it back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was going to ask the same question because I just got '16 Sahara with the same ones and I don't like them. I am going to pull them and paint them color matched. If someone wants that color I'd trade my new ones for any other ones since I'm just going to point them Tank or black. (Haven't decided if I'm going to color match or black out )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts