Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations for a simple black grille guard for their JK? I don't want one that covers headlights and all that but really just a small one to add some attitude to the front.

Thanks!
PittJeep

·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Like me, Barm, you're thinking grille insert. :facepalm: This is grille...guard. As in hoop. Spent the first couple of minutes wondering why MTH's photos didn't show mesh, and generally consigning him to retard status in my mind. Turns out...I'm the retard!

But then we knew that all along. I'm just good at masking it. :D

Thank god I didn't post photos.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
kbwwolf said:
Like me, Barm, you're thinking grille insert. :facepalm: This is grille...guard. As in hoop. Spent the first couple of minutes wondering why MTH's photos didn't show mesh, and generally consigning him to retard status in my mind. Turns out...I'm the retard!

But then we knew that all along. I'm just good at masking it. :D

Thank god I didn't post photos.
Haha.

Got screwed up also.

Don't think the light bar/hoops are really considered grill guards.

Had something else in mind :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grille inserts look pretty sharp too. Easy to install? In florida we have ridiculous bugs in the summer so I wonder if they'd get caught up in it and be difficult to clean out

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Nice photos though, Barm.

Unnecessary as they are.

Thanks for being more of a loser than me or ken. :D

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Screw you guys. I'm going back to sleep. :)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Grille inserts look pretty sharp too. Easy to install? In florida we have ridiculous bugs in the summer so I wonder if they'd get caught up in it and be difficult to clean out
Hose em right out. Spray from a high angle and you'll be fine. If you need to, you can take the whole grille off (just like you would for the install) and brush the bug corpses away with a hand broom. Kinda like being a janitor in a morgue.

Better than taking a marble-sized rock in the radiator cooling fins. :thumb:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I get quite a few questions about it.

It's this Rugged Ridge light bar. I cut the light brackets off with a sawzall and bedlined over the exposed metal. Install wasn't bad, though your fingers need to get to some narrow spots. I also have this skid plate, and this shorty bumper cap set.

I did all the installs myself.
It says it requires drilling on 2010 and newer but the install instructions provide no details. Did you have to do any drilling to install? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
IowaRaider said:
It says it requires drilling on 2010 and newer but the install instructions provide no details. Did you have to do any drilling to install? Thanks.
What requires drilling? The bar? No, none on my 2010. The bumper caps require a sawzall though.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts