Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the Jeep emblem on the grille, and under the letters the paint is raised almost like it was melted by the emblem. Other than repainting the area, does anyone have some suggestions on repairing?
u

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
honestly that is not that bad, I would just leave it for now, maybe dab a small amount of touch up paint in it, to me it wouldn't be worth going into the whole sanding and repainting process...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I noticed the same thing on mine. I thought about a hairdryer / heat gun or sanding with 3000 grit paper & polishing, but figured the chances of making it worse were fairly high.

I wanted to be de-badged in front, but I ended up putting a satin black Jeep badge back in place of the chrome one. Looks way better than the chrome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly that is not that bad, I would just leave it for now, maybe dab a small amount of touch up paint in it, to me it wouldn't be worth going into the whole sanding and repainting process...

Touch up paint would only make it look worse. The paint is raised. I know it’s not that bad, I’m just a little narcotic about little things like this.

I noticed the same thing on mine. I thought about a hairdryer / heat gun or sanding with 3000 grit paper & polishing, but figured the chances of making it worse were fairly high.

I wanted to be de-badged in front, but I ended up putting a satin black Jeep badge back in place of the chrome one. Looks way better than the chrome.

I thought the same thing, but I have a feeling it would make it worse. I have a black emblem off a Willy’s grille, I might try and place it. Just really love the look of no emblem.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Your most likely the only one noticing it. I have worse spots from stones and such, and you really don't see them unless your looking for them. Like jac04, I removed the chrome and added black and I think it looks great.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
me personally I would just debadge and leave it, I mean its obvious that it is a Jeep why do I need the branding every where...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts