Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
No suggestions about the grill, but am curious... What kind of experimentation are you planning?

Paul

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm in the same boat... I'd also like to pick up a cheap used grill, paint it with bedliner, and then swap it back and forth with my stock grill whenever I get bored.

·
Registered
76 Posts
grille replacement

found mine off of craigs list for $75---purch'ed then plastidipped to see if I liked it before removing the dip and doing bedliner
ebay is a great place to look---make sure it has the rubber lip on top where it meets the hood and the yellow/clear turn signal lights or you will be needing to either use the ones from your original grill or purchase these too

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No suggestions about the grill, but am curious... What kind of experimentation are you planning?

Paul
I want to do what palehorse is doing, and I'd also like to put metal screening behind the grille that is shaped to the grille holes. So I'm thinking about making a mold for it, then pressing out the embossed shape so the metal comes through the holes a bit.

I feel like there are lots of things to go wrong here and I don't want to mess up my matched paint original. I'll have a week over thanksgiving to keep me busy. :punk:

Thanks for the tip on the indicator. Any grille back to 08 will work? Or have there been any changes since then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts