Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So, new problem with Groot....

If I apply the brake while on a sharp left turn (I.e. getting in my damn drive way), I get a horrific, heart stopping grinding from my passenger side brake, which can be felt clearly in the brake pedal.

And floor.

And windows.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,624 Posts
Wheel bearings? Rotors? How are they? Where the rotors checked for runout? If they were replaced were the new rotors checked for runout on the hub with a dial indicator, and positioned accordingly on the hub to get the least possible runout? Not seeing or driving the vehicle makes diagnosis a little harder. But that's what I'd be checking first.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Did you not replace the rotors? That would be my first place to check. I just replace rotors with the pads. Hope its as simple as that for you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you not replace the rotors? That would be my first place to check. I just replace rotors with the pads. Hope its as simple as that for you.

yeah, looks like rotors will need to be replaced.

was hoping not, as landed here are going to be around $200 *each* for basic OEM replacements.

uggh.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you going downhill onto your driveway? I felt the same vibration once in a while when turning into a parking lot usually going downhill, but not always. This is on a brand new 17 JKU. The vibration felt exactly like my Toyota sequoia when the skid control kicked in. I brought it to the dealer and they couldnt replicate it so no resolution.

I have a feeling it migt be either an overly sensitive traction/skid control or abs system. A lot of posts on different forums mention it but no definitive answers.

Weird thing is once I upgraded to 35's it never happened again. This tells me if wasnt anything related to the brakes and more of the system not reading something correctly when I first bought it, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
yeah, looks like rotors will need to be replaced.

was hoping not, as landed here are going to be around $200 *each* for basic OEM replacements.

uggh.

Ouch, I dont want to say the cost of livin in paradise! Its funny how the rotors basically get scarred to the pads and any imperfections will be felt. 200 each is a big trout to swallow. Are you able to go aftermarket any cheaper?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch, I dont want to say the cost of livin in paradise! Its funny how the rotors basically get scarred to the pads and any imperfections will be felt. 200 each is a big trout to swallow. Are you able to go aftermarket any cheaper?

I’ll certainly be looking, that’s for sure!

Currently on family vacation in Cuba, so not allowed to shop for jeep parts, but will be on the list as soon as I get back to ‘paradise’!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts