Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been hearing and feeling grinding when ever I make a turn around 10-15 mph and apply the brake at the same time. Has anyone else had this problem?

2012 JKU.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup. General consensus is that it's the traction control.
You feel it in the pedal?
I notice it every morning as I turn into my work. When I had the trac control error light due to a broken wire, I didn't notice it.
I've since turned off trac control for a minute or two before getting to work a few times. I never get it while TC is off.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
If it feels like it's pulsing it's the abs. Perfectly normal

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Oh man, I thought I was crazy! YES. I hear this. It's weird. I notice mine most when I'm pulling into the driveway (hitting an incline + light braking + turning the wheel a the same time). No clue what it is... couldn't duplicate it reliably, either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I feel it in the pedal. It is driving me crazy. All I can picture is shards of metal in my transfer case or gear box.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I'm relieved as well. It does not happen every time but often enough to weird me and my wife out. Seems while braking and a fairly sharp turn to the right. Have not noticed it the same way left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts