Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had some work done at my local shop and got a quote for the next portion of my build, gears and lockers.

I'm driving a 2dr 6speed.

The shop owner is running my same set up, 2.5" lift with 35s. He recommend that I go with Grizzly's front and rear. I don't have any reason not to trust him as he's done a ton of work on a ton of rigs. I just wanted to get some others input as well. I really don't have any experience with lockers beyond reading countless write ups and reviews.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have a buddy that has Grizzly's yukon lockers, I don't know where it is you are from.
Do you drive in snow?
My buddies Jeep is unruly in the snow so much so he will not drive it in the snow. But it's an animal for off road use.
When I did my lockers we looked at the Yukon locker I mean really looked at it, it has springs and a locking gear. As far as what you said about the shop owner he has this set up well if he has problems he can fix them you'll be paying someone else to fix. BUT I don't no enough about the Yukon Grizzly to say that you will have any problems. You should find someone here that has them maybe try the General Jeep forum

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
As stated above if you see any snow driving in your area(street not trail) do not put a full time locker in the front axle.. get a ARB or the like up front... In 4wd the front full time locker make it hard to steer to the point of you run in 2wd.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what does the locker do in the snow? The reason I ask is because in Louisiana I don't get snow, but when I visit my folks in Western NY they get a ton a lake effect snow. I don't want anything that is dangerous.

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
So what does the locker do in the snow? The reason I ask is because in Louisiana I don't get snow, but when I visit my folks in Western NY they get a ton a lake effect snow. I don't want anything that is dangerous.
it will make the steering wheel go back and forth as the locker gets traction. to the point of you can't steer well.. and that you put it back in 2wd. Locker in the rear was fine as you could control what it does far better, almost no issues vs having one in the front.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
With the Grizzly, can 4WD be engaged without locking the locker? In other words are they separately controlled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts