Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok all I don't know all the parts that I need to order....know most and need some input please.

'93 4.0 stock d30 and d35 with 3.07, am running 33x12.5. I need to regear and found a mechanic that will regear both for about 450 total as long as I supply all the parts.

going to 4.88 will need rebuild kit for both

is there anything I need to look out for or special parts for such a drastic gear change. is the front different than the rear as far as the gears go. how about a real good web site t order from and brands.......so on and so forth

·
Registered
189 Posts
you will need ring and pinions, new carriers, and install kits.

I got mine from www.completeoffroad.com they were the cheapest and had free shipping.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went to 4wheelparts and got detroits front and rear ring and pinion and everything I needed for about 1300.00. they also do payment, one year same as cash.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
That is a good point 18derrick. If you are tearing into your difs you should consiger adding lockers. If you do it later you will have to pay for install all over again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I am going to do lockers.....I was talking to a buddy and he was telling me that I should get a locker with a cable for the front...suggest? agree/disagree?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Having selectable lockers, is the best way to go. Does not matter if they are air, cable, or electrically activated, but that is going to be your best bet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you keep the vacuum disconnect front axle I would go with the Aussie Locker, I had one in my D30 It was great they are cheap, get the job and are hella strong. I broke everything around the Aussie but never broke the Aussie. best 230.00 I ever spent. now for the rear axle I would avoid locking the D35 unless you decide to go with a super35 kit because the axles don't do good locked and when they break the whole tire comes off the jeep and you are officially screwed.. when I installed the Aussie locker my jeep instantly became 100% more capable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok..i'll bite....whats the difference between d35 and a "super"35

1 - 9 of 9 Posts