Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv been wanting to start building a rock crawler for a while. And just recently I wrecked a 96 ford explorer. I had the frame checked and its still in good shape. So my question is how hard would it be to make a wrangler tub work on an explorer frame? Has anyone done a similar build?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I havnt done it yet but I have been looking at a similar build.I will be using the front 1/2 of the tub and tubing out the rest.I just want the front wall and cock pit.You should be fine with a few minor mod's.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Wheel base is longer on the Explorer. If you stay with that frame, you'd need to open up the back on the tub and stretch it a bit. The body mounts, motor mounts and cross member would need to be re-positioned.

Bob K.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nwbronco said:
Wheel base is longer on the Explorer. If you stay with that frame, you'd need to open up the back on the tub and stretch it a bit. The body mounts, motor mounts and cross member would need to be re-positioned.

Bob K.
Yeah I already planned on stretching it and doing some trimming. That's good to know. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts