Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hubby is wheeling the Rubi today with Ageless and some others, and he said he hit a rock and the airbag light kept coming on for a while and now he has a check engine light.... He will be calling shortly to find out how to read the codes he gets. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Also he torked up the sway bar disconnect with the same rock.... :( It's flashing at him too I think.... And he put a dent in the rear bumper that matches the one our brake guy put in it last week... :D I'm so excited I could just spit!

Thanks guys and girls!

OK, I found how to check the codes...
1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has any logged in any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s) and check it/them against the list to find out what they mean.
3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged in any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.

Any clues as to what he should be looking for?

·
Registered
254 Posts
the sway bar light will keep blinking if there's a problem....has to be in 4wd and has to be on semi-level ground to disconnect or connect. if it's still blinking he might have other issues. bashing the bumper(same general area as the sway disconnect) may have done something with an airbag sensor...I don't know just my 2 cents

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome. I learned something new, and it worked. "DONE"

Thanks for sharing. Is there a list of all Jeep Codes posted?

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
do you have an android powered phone? there's a sweet app called torque that lets you monitor real-time, read and clear codes, etc. it was $5 as i recall it. you will need a wireless obdii adapter, but they're all over ebay for around $30.

·
Registered
875 Posts
daggo66 said:
Smaller rocks?
Your on a roll today!

IG, didn't y'all recently replace his electric sway bar?! Time for a skid plate!

Should be able to go by Autozone/advance/oreielly's type place and they can readabd interpret it for free.

Unless of course you are on top of a mountain someplace, then your screwed!! :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I had to figure out what a cum u late meant. I have a CAI with a larger TB, could this be the cause ? thank you

·
Registered
340 Posts
Any idea if this is supposed to work on a 2014 as well?

I've tried every possibly key position and delaying between turning on and off several times over and I get absolutely nothing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts