Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Is Guanella Pass a good beginner trail for a stock Jeep?
It was suggested to me, but I want to hear from the pros :).

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I didn't know they were still closing it after all the construction they have been doing to it.
Thanks for the link. I go that way from time to time when I head to Georgetown. but yeah its just an well maintained dirt road.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey! Is Guanella Pass a good beginner trail for a stock Jeep?
It was suggested to me, but I want to hear from the pros :).
Don't waste fuel driving a Jeep over that pass. A 2wd car with low clearance can do it. Join local Jeep groups on trail runs. It is a lot more fun and you can go with groups that have similar equipment so that you do not end up in a situation where half-way up a shelf road you realize that you do not want to "scratch the Jeep".

Which stock Jeep do you have?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't waste fuel driving a Jeep over that pass. A 2wd car with low clearance can do it. Join local Jeep groups on trail runs. It is a lot more fun and you can go with groups that have similar equipment so that you do not end up in a situation where half-way up a shelf road you realize that you do not want to "scratch the Jeep".

Which stock Jeep do you have?
I have a 08 Wrangler X. I bought sway bar disconnects but I don't have them in yet..

·
Registered
625 Posts
Guanella is now entirely paved (except for the section in front of the Dude Ranch where he sued to keep it gravel).

there's a group of motorcycles camping in Grant this Saturday night and doing their annual Elephant Ride where they ride their bikes to the top of Guanella in the snow.

The gate is just before the summit (this is from the south).

If you have a dirtbike - its always a good time :)

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
X2. I am sick of the white stuff. Ready for some heat
Add me to the "agreed" list.
You skiers have had a great year. now bring on the summer fun.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Woa Chad, let's not get carried away just because it feels like April outside. It's only February!
Close enough for me John. :lmao:
Good to see your still around. :wavey:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Add me to the "agreed" list.
You skiers have had a great year. now bring on the summer fun.
Nowhere near enough snow. Although I am ready to run sans doors. It makes my 30 mile commute exciting in the wind that plagues the San Luis Valley. The only upside is it blows all of the dog hair out of my jeep.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts