Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was about to install some red lights to light up the foot area in the jeep, and i was stupid and never disconnected the battery, so when i cut one of the wires my interior lights went out, radio, and gauges.

On the gauge cluster all theblinker works and the high beam plus all the other lights, just the dials and odometer dont register.

What fuse could this be? i checked a couple of the ones from the glove box and they seemed okay.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bueller?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Chances are you cut a wrong wire as cutting wires isn't going to blow fuses, touching said wire to a ground though and shorting it will blow a fuse.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
^ Reconnect the wire you cut.
Don't cut wires unless you know what they do.

·
Registered
671 Posts
sparky said:
^ reconnect the wire you cut.
Don't cut wires unless you know what they do.
x2!!!!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
So i was about to install some red lights to light up the foot area in the jeep, and i was stupid and never disconnected the battery, so when i cut one of the wires my interior lights went out, radio, and gauges.

On the gauge cluster all theblinker works and the high beam plus all the other lights, just the dials and odometer dont register.

What fuse could this be? i checked a couple of the ones from the glove box and they seemed okay.
Take out old bulb and replace with red led... :confused:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I blew the 10 amp iod fuse, replaced that and it's all good now, yeah now i have red lights on the inside. Ill wait till it gets dark and ill show you guys a picture.

I just got led strips from autozone and hard wired them to the positive and negative where the bulbs are connected, i can run the bulbs and the led's at the same time if i want to.

It was not the wrong wire that i cut, it just made a short when i cut it so the fuse blew, no big deal.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here it is

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
woops here you go

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts