Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen all the gun mounts for your roof and the back of the seats but i want something where I can grab a rifle very quickly. The cup holder ones that go behind the center console might work.

What I am really looking for is one that goes on the side of the jeep mounted through the door hinges or something. Ive seen a picture of this before but could not find it again. It could of been home made but im not sure.
Please post pictures and share your experiences.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Through the door hinges? Like vertically i'm guessing and with the doors off? Not sure i'd want my gun that accessible to someone walking by if you were in town or something. If it's just for like hunting in the mountains though I guess it wouldn't really matter.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would love something like this, especially for upcoming rifle season! I think it would be an awesome idea to have a gun rack mounted on the inside of the tailgate, jus open up the rear an pull ur gun out of the rack an ur ready to go. Not sure if it would fit that way but it was an idea atleast lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I'm lookin for something to drive around the ranch with and if I see somethin spotlighting or whatever I can just grab my gun while sitting either in the driver or passenger seat instead of laying it across my lap where it bumps around. Ya with the doors off so the barrel is pointed down by the door hinges and the butt is by your waist when sitting, So it's at an angle. Might just have to make one myself if there's not somethin already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vertically would actually work well too with some sort of clamp on the side above the hinges to support the barrel and then something shaped like the butt of a gun to hold the bottom in place if that makes since.

·
Registered
157 Posts
we used to have these in the Humvee's (some still do) was just a low profile base piece and a spring clip around the barrel weapon would be standing vertical right by the drivers left foot area ....dito on the other side ('cept the right foot)

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Kind of in the way, but if you had no passenger, well...

·
Registered
468 Posts
subscribed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts