Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have just been notified that it is against forum policy for me to post a link to another forum. So if you are at all interested in seeing the continuation of my build I suggest you save the NEO site in your favorites and check on it once in a while. I will not be posting in this thread anymore. Thanks to everyone for linking to the build site. It has gotten several thousand hits and I appreciate every one of them. I'm sure it would not have gotten as many without the link, but rules are rules I guess.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If anyone wants the link just PM me as I had to also delete my sig that contained it.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
OK...anyone who wants to keep up with the build I think I found a way to do it without breaking forum rules. Click on this wrangler forum link and it will take you to our site. Once you are there just go to Builds and Fabrication and my thread is usually near the top.

Other Jeep Forums - Wrangler Forum Links

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Quick side shot post BL/MML. so now my "lift" is done. Stock LJ springs with a 3/4" spacer in front and a 1.25" JKS BL with 33x10.50 KM2s. Looks like enough clearance to me but I will disco and run it up a ramp asap to verify.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks guys. Going to order Rokmen Mercenary rocker guards next week then start saving for the aluminum UCF belly armor.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
With the help of my mechanic friend Jake and his dad's garage, The BL went on without too much trouble until we got to the last bolt, the one in back on the passenger side under the bumper. It snapped off, then when we tried to drill it out the whole mount broke. After a little thought we decided to cut an access hole in the back of the cross member. Cut three sides and folded it back, put a nut and washer on the new BL bolt and pushed it closed. We were going to weld it shut but there was a problem with his welder so I just shot some black paint on it and called it good enough. I might rivet a piece of 20 gauge steel over it someday..or not. The MML was a PITA. Up and down with the jack to get the holes lined up but we got it. 3 1/2 hours total.

Shifters both seem to be working ok too. Goes into 2nd 4th and reverse just fine. Skipped the t-case drop down bracket since I will be installing the Novak kit anyway.

BTW - I know I said I wasn't going to post in this anymore, but I was a little ticked about getting my link to the NEO site deleted. Oh well, rules are rules I guess. I'm over it. :surrender:

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
its looking good gus. im lookin forward to when you get new control arms, would be interesting to see how much flex you could get out of stock springs.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
its looking good gus. im lookin forward to when you get new control arms, would be interesting to see how much flex you could get out of stock springs.
I know...but right now I'm interested to see how much i get out of it with the stock CAs. The Rokmen CAs are a ways down the list...about 6K away! :rofl:

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Plus I'm looking at it thinking how sweet it would look with a 2.5" OME lift and 35s! It's a sickness.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Got a couple small things done before the club M&G Saturday. Installed the other ammo can, (this one doesn't smell like gun cleaner inside so I can store my cool weather sweatshirt in it), bolted on a brace to help support the spare since the BL raised it off the bumper, and stenciled the TP 35 above the rear wheel wells.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Took the sway bar links off and drove it over to 4WP and ran it up the ramp. It's no flex queen as you can see, but I was pretty happy that it didn't rub anywhere. Bump stops hit in front and were about 1/4" short of hitting in the rear when my driver rear wheel started spinning and I stopped halfway up. Once again...ahem...33s and NO LIFT except a 1.25" BL!

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Also installed the CB. having issues at the moment getting the SWR below 2.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Also installed the CB. having issues at the moment getting the SWR below 2.
I had trouble with my SWR, too, when I tried mounting the antenna on the tailgate. I couldn't get it below 2. Then, I got the mount that goes behind the driver's side taillight and all was good.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I had trouble with my SWR, too, when I tried mounting the antenna on the tailgate. I couldn't get it below 2. Then, I got the mount that goes behind the driver's side taillight and all was good.
I mounted it to the top of my tire carrier. At first I thought it was a bad ground but it seems okay. I finally got the SWR down to under 2 across the bands though. Two things...I had the excess coax coiled too small and ended up having to route the extra under the dash and back to the cb. Second problem was that the stupid Firestick was the kind that you have to trim the wires. So 1/4" trim at a time and re-check each time. Finally after trimming over 3" of wire I got it good enough. Next time, if there is one, I get a Wilson flex like I had before. This 4' Firestick has almost no flex in it at all. If I forget to remove it before I pull in the garage, or catch it on a tree branch, it will probably be toast.

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
looks pretty good gus.
i still cant wait to see how much of a change there is with out the stock control arms.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
looks pretty good gus.
i still cant wait to see how much of a change there is with out the stock control arms.
Actually if I went with ACA I really wouldn't be able to get any more flex than I have now since I'm hitting the bump stops in that ramp pose. Any more than that and the tires would be into the metal. If I go with something like the Rokmen CAs it would be more for the strength increase. I bent a stock CA on my LJ...it doesn't take much.

I also think the Detroit in the rear and TruTrac in front will compensate on the trail for the lack of huge flex and get me through most situations if I drive smart.

41 - 60 of 168 Posts