Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm a little confused as to the difference between the 2 wiring harnesses. I'm looking to buy a 20" curved light bar from Speed Demon Lights. They are a company I just heard about but their stuff looks super tough, price isnt bad and they are canadian and offer free shipping. Ther only thing is that I need to get a wiring harness and the options are h1 or h2. What is the difference and will it matter which one I get if I want to tie the new light in with my high beams so it will come on when I click on the HB's?
This is the link to the light bar. Tell me what you think.
20" HD Curved LED Light Bar

·
Registered
265 Posts
You would probably end up with a flickering light bar if you try that. From my understanding of the Canbus, trying to tap into the factory lights might be a bad idea. Someone else can probably explain better, but I would say stay off factory wiring.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer. I was really hoping to avoid putting a separate switch in for it

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not sure about h1 or h2 but I wired some kc's to come on with the high beams on my 2012. Still had a separate switch though. Kc switch on + high beams on = kc lights on

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just wired the switch in series with the high beams. Were they LED KC's? LED seems to be the ones known for flickering. Also, did you need to use that seperate switch? Or did you just want the option to shut them off?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Just get a regular LEDs light bar harness. Most of them come with a switch.
If you want it to cone on with high beam, just use the high beam wire to trigger the relay.
If you want to bypass a switch all together use a relay and also let high beam wire trigger the relay. Better to have deficated switch for it imo.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose that the ability to turn it off would come in handy, just seems like more work than its worth to mount a switch. Still no ideas on this h1 h2 thing though?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, contacted the guy at Speed Demon about the harnesses. He said that an H1 harness is for controlling 1 light with 1 switch and an H2 is for wait for it...... controlling 2 lights with one switch. I think I am definetly going to buy from these guys. Emailed on a sunday and they responded 10 minutes later. Free shipping to canada from a canadian company cant be beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts