Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a huge amount of threads regarding the H4 headlight upgrade and was getting ready to pull the pin when I read a couple of post that said that the 2014 headlights were already bright. I spend a lot of time on the highway and yes the stock lights are ok but I'm just wondering if going to the Hella or Cibe with H4 would brighten things up just a bit more which is what I want. Not looking for LED's or expensive options..If I do switch it will be to a new lens and H4 type bulb
Feedback appreciated

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd recommend going with a full harness like the one from RallyLights/SMS if you're going to run H4. I'm currently running Hella H4 E-Codes, RallyLights harness, and Philips XtremeVision +100 bulbs. The XV +100 bulbs lasted a little under a year which was about twice as long as I thought they were going to last. Philips recently released XtremeVisions in +130 so I have a set on order.

Had Truck-lite Phase 7s previously that I was running on the RallyLights harness. The Hellas are brighter, better spread, lights up road signs, more natural light color, no hot spots. The only thing the Truck-lites did better was high beams and not having to change bulbs.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I have a 2013 JKU and I believe the 2014 has the same stock headlights. I upgraded my stock lights to H4 and it is a big difference, much improved. I did not realize just how bad the stock lights were until I upgraded. Here is a picture I took a few nights ago showing how well they work.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI Freedom and TraumaHead

Those look great..Do you have the model/part number hella e-code lenses and what wattage are you running for your bulbs..
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
394 Posts
I did the RallyLights harness and Hella H4s too but got tired of changing bulbs. One time lost both low beams at the same time. Ended up with Trucklites. The RL/SMS harness is a great upgrade.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
HI Freedom and TraumaHead Those look great..Do you have the model/part number hella e-code lenses and what wattage are you running for your bulbs.. Cheers Al
I actually have the IPF H4 conversion kit and I replaced my stock fog light bulbs with LED bulbs that I found on Ebay for about $25. The headlight bulbs that came with the IPF kit are IPF bulbs and they are 60/55 watts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts