Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to check out Hackett Gulch. Date change to 11/21..

Was supposed to be me and a friend going. He thought the 14th was next Saturday.. . Now planing on the 21st.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Dang! I really want to sometime in the near future.

Reactions: JHD1827

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Always wanted to check this one out, but we're booked this weekend. Enjoy!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Going to check out Hackett Gulch. Date change to 11/21..

Was supposed to be me and a friend going. He thought the 14th was next Saturday.. . Now planing on the 21st.
Lol! I didn't have my glasses on and thought someone else posted this. Sorry.

Let me see how my blood counts are doing next week. It doesn't look good though. It would be nice to get out of the house.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure the best way to edit it and it was a last min scramble to do so before going out to dinner.

If anyone does make it we can probably meet up in Divide. I ran a portion of the trail a couple of years ago but had to stop short due to one of the vehicles in our group. Before that it was 20+ years ago as a passenger so Im not to familiar with the trail but I'm looking forward it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
what time are you thinking

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what time are you thinking
I think Crystal Creek Trailhead might be the best place to meet as a group (if there is one..) This is where we will air down. There isn't any parking at the Hackett Trailhead. I plan on getting to Crystal Creek around 9:30 and departing at 10:00. I'm coming from the Springs and willing to meet up with anyone along my way.

I'm getting the feeling my buddy may bail out on me this weekend as well.. I'm committed to going as long as I have one other rig to run with. I also have plenty of stuff to do at home so I won't be heartbroken if this falls through. I have nothing else planned so I'm fine waiting until Friday evening to see where were at.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I'm out. Something came up that will need my attention. have fun

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CORE is spearheading the movement to keep these trails open.

Park County Commissioner Elsner is the epitome of my view of politicians (left and right). I encourage everyone in CO to read and share the letter from CORE calling out Commissioner Elsner and the multiple lies he has told in an effort to permanently close these trails. Even though I believe it will go straight into the trash I will be writing a letter to the contacts listed and I hope some of you will as well. I will keep it polite and to the point just in case. Anger and name calling would likely just be used against us. Thanks for the info Tyler!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have successfully derailed my "trail ride" thread and officially welcome any general discussion on the closure of these trails if you would like to add your 2 cents.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was up in the air until late last night but we made it. Had a great day. Took roughly 2 hours. Would like to have ran Metberry or Longwater but it was a nice quick trip
20201121_115853.jpg
20201121_115821.jpg
20201121_115608.jpg
20201121_113143.jpg
20201121_100555.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts