Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
News isn't reporting anything other than confirming the death. The legal part of the trail is not that big of a deal. However a lot of people go around the barrier at the Park County line. The hill they use is extremely off camber and a long drop to boot. This will pretty much finish off Hackett. Been too many problems out there and a death is going to close it for good.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always bad news when someone dies. There is a post on the FJ forum that says he was in a Grand Cherokee and there is a photo that shows the Jeep rolled on it's top in a flat part of the trail.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
It looks like he steered away to miss that tree and hit that huge rut and that thing that is stinking out looks like his steering broke where it connects to the input shaft on the steering gear box but i am not sure. It is sad to see this such a young kid barely started living.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got on the fj forums and that is very sad. It's a horrible thing to happen to anyone. my prayers are out and everyone be safe to.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Yes I am very glad it wasn't any of you guys in that article. Please be safe everyone. Thoughts and prayers go to his family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts